Friday 23 October 2009

Wireless Networking - broadband router, wireless networking


I've had this router for about a month. It was easy to set up and its range is outstanding. I set it up at one end of the house and it works perfectly throughout my home as well outdoors (in my yard).

The reason I purchased this product over some other better known brands was because it had such great reviews (on other web sights)...and that it is the most sold router in China. At this point there are no negitives to this product. Also price was a major factor in my decision.

I would encourage anyone looking for an excellent router at a great price...to consider the TL-Link WR541G Wireless Router. You won't be sorry. TP-Link TL-WR541G 54 Mbps Extended Range Wireless Router with 1x 3dBi Antenna

After owning this little jewel for over one year I can honestly say this is the best wireless router I've ever owned. Setup is fast and easy including the security. Having owned other routers before I was halfway familiar with setup procedures so I skipped the disk and just fired it up and followed the prompts. Within ten minutes it was up and running and not once in the past year have I ever needed to reset it or do anything other than move it around a little to get the best signal coverage in my home.



The only downside I can find is that tech support is in China. One time I thought the router was causing a slow connection and I attempted to resolve the problem with tech support and the language barrier became a problem. As it turned out, the slowdown was caused by my ISP which initially refused to admit they had a fiber optic line cut a couple of hundred miles away. The router was not to blame.



For the price you simply can't beat this unit, it has provided the most bang for the buck of any router I've owned. It runs cool and the coverage area is as good or better than on Linksys and D-link routers I've used in the past. At times with guests in my home there have been as many as 5 computers and 4 cell phones logged in at one time with no problem. I also have one computer connected directly to the router via cable and it streaks along flawlessly.



Even if you are a first time wireless router user you shouldn't have any serious problems setting this one up. It recovers quickly from power outages and can essentially be ignored after the initial set up. I can't vouch for other TP-Link routers but if they are anything like this one they will be worth getting when the time comes for an upgrade. I am extremely impressed with this product and have intentionally waited over a year before publishing a review.

I needed a router to extend internet service to 4 pcs in different rooms: a legacy Dell, a new quadcore AMD 64 bit Vista based unit, a Lenova laptop with Windows XP Professional OS, and a plain vanilla Emachine. I had planned to pickup a Netgear 3700 N modum in order to have the benefit of a usb port that I would use for a shared mass storage device. Since it was not yet available, I purchased the TP-Link from Amazon for $29.00 until the more expensive unit became available. I have only low intermediate technical knowledge, but the set up was simple and the accompanying CD quickly guided me through the process of establishing security. ALL four machines receive a very strong signal and the laptop can receive an acceptable signal 200 feet + outside. The router is working so well that I may abandon the more expensive brand name router and keep using the well made and nice looking TP-Link unit.

This was my first experience with a wireless product. I stumbled a little on the set-up, but after that it worked fine. Reception seems to be good throughout my house.



For some reason, the set-up CD wouldn't play on my Windows XP computer. But there was also written set-up instructions in the manual, which I followed carefully and were basically adequate. There was one question I had to answer that I didn't know the answer to. They wanted to know what kind of connection my AT&T DSL modem expected -- the choices were Dynamic IP address, Fixed IP address, or PPPoE. I chose the first, and it didn't work. I spent some time trying to trouble-shoot the problem. Finally decided to go back to the set-up and choose PPPoE instead. After that, everything worked smoothly.



The discussion of security in the manual is very brief. By all means you should choose a good network password, and change the default username/password for the router. Then get some pointers on the web for additional security measures.



UPDATE 3/29/10

I have down-graded from 5-stars to 3-stars because this product sometimes loses its internet connection. This never happens when I'm actively using it, just sometimes after sitting a while with no internet access. When this happens, I briefly disconnect the power to the router to force it to restart, and that fixes it. Since I never had this problem before when running with DSL modem connected directly to my computer, I tend to think the problem is in the router.

this is the best router I've ever owned i had a linksys g ($50) and a netgear wireless n range max ($129).this router is better than both.the signal strength is awesome and range is even better.i thought technology would be better with those expensive brands,it would seem as though we only pay for the name.i paid $24.60 for this router and it is the best money i ever spent.

After purchasing, installing and configuring three Linksys routers in the last 3 years, I am more than familiar with the declining quality and reliability of their routers. So why did I keep buying them? So they could be flashed with the superior DD-WRT firmware to increase RF power output and QoS for gaming. The downside is that the Linksys routers' hardware is poor quality and just does not last. So when WRT-54G number three died, I finally got smart and decided to look at other options.



The TP-Link TL-WR541G fit the bill as an inexpensive replacement and has not failed to perform. I am getting great range/data speeds with the TP-Link and gaming configurations are straight forward and perform flawlessly after two weeks of service. It can also be used as a bridge to service larger networks.



Unlike other reviewers' experiences, I received a CD providing step-by-step instructions to install and configure my router. In less than 10 minutes the router was in service and I was on line. I will just have to see how long it last, but so far it is hands-down better than the Linksys in performance.



Right now I consider it an outstanding value, but long-term reliability is yet to be seen. I would definitely recommend this product, especially with the TP-Link TL-ANT2409A antenna. - Wireless G Router - Broadband Router - Wireless Networking - Tp-link'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Wireless Networking - broadband router, wireless networking tp-link Wireless Networking - broadband router, wireless networking