Friday 23 October 2009

Wide Calf Boot - comfortable, boots


I thought these boots were so aesthetically pleasing, and was excited to read in the description that they fit wider calves. However, when I took them out of the box and began to put them on, they barely fit over my shin - let alone my calf. I do have wider-than-average calves, but they're not monstrously so. I don't know what Aerosoles' idea of "wide calf" is, but if you're got any more than a 14'' calf circumference I'd stay away. Stay very, very far away. Avenue and Torrid have 17'' and 18'' inch calf widths, so I'll be sticking to what I know from now on. ;0) Aerosoles Women's Infamous Boot,Black,10.5 B US

I bought these boots in brown to take on a trip to Italy last October. I was THRILLED that they fit my wide calves (16 inches) with room to spare! The double zipper is a great idea!! I also wanted a lower heel, and these were perfect for walking! The very first day I wore them, I did have a little ankle discomfort, but, it must have been a "breaking in" thing, as the next day, and all the days after, I had no pain at all. In fact, they were more comfortable than the Born flats that I also took along. I walked MANY miles in these boots and as soon as we got back home, I ordered a pair in black! I'm actually logging on today to buy an additional pair in each color because they are on sale and I know I will wear these out at some point ... I want back ups, as these are my favorite boots EVER!!

These are cute boots & quite comfortable, too. I ordered a 7 1/2 and they are true to size. They've got two zippers, so you can unzip one set of zippers a little bit to relax the shaft if you need it. The boots are nice and tall and look great with skirts. I've received many compliments on them. The only thing I wish is that they were made of leather instead of the synthetic stuff.

THE LOOK:

I loved the way these boots look and they were a great price so I purchased them. I was a little surprised to see they were not real leather when I received them (ordered online) but that wasn't really a problem for me.



THE FEEL:

Since these are Aerosoles, i didn't think i had anything to worry about in terms of comfort. However, these are extremely uncomfortable. They have a zipper on the side which bends in such a way that it digs into the side of your ankle. I'm not wearing them today but my ankles still hurt (they feel like they're black and blue).



BOTTOM LINE: I wore them once and will be returning them, unfortunately.

I have bought this boot on sale during the summer, so I have not wore the boots yet. I do like the heel height and have walked around the house in them and it does seem like I could wear them all day, and I stand up all day as a teacher. I was concerned that they would look cheap, but that is not the case. My problem is that I have a 15 inch calf circumference and usually need a wide calf boot. These boots fit my calf, so I am very excited. I do like that they can accommodate my big calves but don't look big on ankles, as I have regular sized ankles. Try them! Looks like they could work with skirts or pants/jeans.

It is a beautiful pair of boots. Well, when I received it, it has a dent in one heal, but I would still say they are beautiful!



The only thing is, they are designed for wide calf. I have 12-13 inch calf, so my leggs are swimming in the boots... otherwise, I would keep it! Now, it's on the way to get refund.

I am wearing the boots as I write this. The most helpful information I can give is to say that I am 5'8", athletic built, with 15" caves and these boots fit me perfectly. I wear them with skirts/dresses. They are very comfortable and stylish - have received many compliments. I have not noticed an issue with the zippers as mentioned in other posts. All-in-all, I am very pleased with the boots.

I am in between a 7 1/2 and 8 in shoes. I usually have to try both sizes but to be safe, I ordered and 8. It fits a bit loose and I am actually going to try the 7 1/2. The fit around the calf is a bit loose too if you have "normal" size calves...but does not look bad stylistically. Very comfy if you get the right sizing. - Boots - Womens Boots - Riding Boots - Comfortable'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Wide Calf Boot - comfortable, boots boots Wide Calf Boot - comfortable, boots