Thursday 15 October 2009

Motion-control Running Shoes


I wear these in size 9.5 EE. The toe box is very roomy and comfortable. These are well made of quality materials, and are made in USA. These are "motion control shoes" which are good for people with soft arches or flat feet and need a shoe that prevents over-pronation which can lead to ailments such as plantar fasciitus or heel pain. They are even better with arch support insoles. Terrific shoes, I will definitely buy more. New Balance Men's MR1012 Nbx Motion Control Running Shoe,Silver/Blue,10 4E

I suffer from both flat-feet and pronation issues. As the feets bones are connected to the leg, knees, back, etc., such simply problems have serious health repercussions. I often struggle with painful, swollen knees, lower back problems, all in part related to feet problems.



I have searched far and wide looking for THE running shoe that would help. This is, by far, the single best shoe I've found to help mitigate these myriad problems that start with flat-feet and pronation. Well-built and supportive, it goes a long way to easing symptoms. I've tried all of the "best" running shoes alleging help with pronation - this shoe delivers!

Background: 6'2", 235lb male @ around a 20min 5K & training 12-15 mi/week mixed among sprints & 3-6 mi runs. My right foot has no arch and left only a mild arch.



I started on the MR1011 2 yrs ago as the only shoe wide enough and squared off at the toe-box to fit. I was wearing a size 14 in some asics until a running store sized me down to a 13 2E in the 1011. The 1011 wasn't the best shoe (a little stiff until dozens of miles were put on them), but the only thing I tried providing the control I needed as well as strong enough material to withstand hundreds of miles on training.



The 1012 is a much better shoe than the 1011. My first ordered pair was a 12.5 2E, but was still too small in the toe and very stiff. I moved up to a 4E and the shoe became perfect. The shoe is very supportive, great at reducing over-pronation, has good toe-off transition (for being what it is, Franjenstein's monster's shoe) and the tight heel cup is nice. I am not looking to run marathons, but I'd use this shoe for a 10k or 1/2. For my 5K races I am still looking for a lighter, faster race shoe (but haven't found one with the same wide-toed last).



The only complaint I had was how stiff the first pair was (caused tibialis cramping), so I hope it's not manufacturing troubles, becauseI bought a second pair.



Oh, and the "N-lock" laces that come with the shoe are very good at reducing the amount of lace slip and shoe loosening.

I have very high arches and other foot issues that make standing on my feet all day at work, very painful. These shoes due to the way they are built and the support that they provide, eliminates that issue. These shoes offer the features of Stabilicore® support and N-ergy shock absorption. Which, if you are like me, sound like a new and improved sales pitch, well it probably is, but it also makes for a very comfortable shoe as well. -Warning- you will have to break these shoes in. Do not expect these to be comfortable the first day out of the box. Due to the support system, they will not be comfortable on the first day, but they will be by day 14. My only "grumble", which is why they have four stars instead of 5, I have with the shoes is that they do not come in a all leather shoe. The mesh material would probably be great for a runner, but I wear them all day long in all kinds of weather. Some puddles can not be seen until you step into it and then you have wet socks. Finally, these shoes due to the laces, don't stay tied either. Be prepared even with double knots to retie your shoes at least 3 times in a eight hour shift.

This is my second pair of these. Very comfortable and I put a lot of miles on them and they stay comfortable. Size wise, for length, they are as advertised. The fit in the toe area is wider than most which is perfect for me. Note that I am a big guy who really punishes his shoes! These can really take it.

Tried on these shoes at the New Balance store and loved them, but didn't want to pay $140. Found them here, but the shoe received was different than the store's (same number). Will have to buy shoe inserts for cushion.

First off, I am in my late 40's, 6', 210lbs, training about 15 miles per week. I started running a year before buying the 1012's and was using NB767's. The reason I was using the 767's was because I thought I needed the arch support. When I got to point where I was able to do 2 mile runs, my knees and feet started hurting. At first I thought this was normal and then began to think that maybe I needed MORE arch support. However, realizing that I was no expert, I decided to go to the New Balance store and get properly fitted. After getting an "ink" test and having my gait analyzed, the sales person quickly discovered the problem. I did not need more arch support or even the arch support provided by the 767's. What I did need was a NEUTRAL shoe built for training runs and they recommended the 1012. My first run in 1012's was like I was on new set of legs - very solid feeling and NO MORE PAIN! That was a couple of months ago. I now have well over a 100 miles on these shoes and can't say enough good things about them. I have increased my "long" run distance to 5 miles and have not had any pain. Getting fitted by someone who knows what he or she is doing is worth every penny of a price difference at the store. A huge thanks to the team at The Great Northern Mall for a job well done!

Very comfortable and very stable sneakers I bought for my husband for Christmas. He mainly uses them for walking and jogging. He suffers from plantar fascitis and a neuroma and has had very few pain flare-ups since wearing these sneakers.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Motion-control Running Shoes Motion-control Running Shoes Motion-control Running Shoes