Thursday 15 October 2009

Ethernet Cable - cat5, ethernet cable


If you choose to use a wire-based Internet connection, like my father and I did for security reasons, this cable is long enough to connect a laptop on one side of an apartment to an Internet modem on the other side of the apartment. The protective covering is still holding up after several months of usage, and it is 50 feet in length, as advertised. Even if your cable has a lot of slack because you only needed, say, 35 feet of cable, you can safely wrap up the portion that isn't needed and conceal it under furniture so you avoid tripping on it. CAT5e RJ45 PATCH ETHERNET NETWORK CABLE 50 FT WHITE

Got a new Samsung BluRay with Netflix capability on Black Friday. Problem was the TV and BluRay are in one room, and my DSL modem to connect to the internet is 30 feet away in another room. This was the perfect solution to that problem, at a very nice price! Works great.

The CAT5e RJ45 Patch Ethernet 50 White cable came in a timely manner. The cable works just fine the only exception is that the clip that locks the cable in place broke and I have to sometimes plug it back in. other than that the cable appears to be of good quality.

So, I make a living pulling data cable and the such; I speak with some authority on the quality of this cable. The ends of the cable are terminated on to quality ethernet tips but by no means the upper end of the spectrum. The tips have the tab that depresses the standard clear clip/tab to release the tip from the port which is a nice addition. The doubled up sheathing just before the tip looks decent but doesn't feel like it could take that much abuse. My biggest complaint with this cable is that it just is not very durable. The outer jacket that covers the cable is, by comparison to patch cables used on computer racks, just not very tough. I would say that if you expect any foot traffic whatsoever on your 50ft patch cable that you avoid this because it just simple won't last. Unfortunately I don't know the gauge standard for the durability of the outer jacket. If the cable is going to sit with little if any movement then it would be OK...The price is right though. I think a 50ft cable in tech outlets is much more expensive.

I only needed this cable to receive updates for my blue ray player and TV in another room. It is only used for short periods so for the price it works fine for me. If I were going to use it more permanently I probably would buy a more expensive cable.

This product is probably the most supple of cables I have felt. Why??? It is loaded with the thinnest wire I've ever touched!!! The wires inside this cable are 28 AWG - 28 is *V*E*R*Y* thin. The thinner the cable, the more resistance it gives. Compared to a 24 AWG cable of 50 feet (that I am replacing because of the blue color), the "ping" latency on my Mac went from 29 miliseconds to 374 milliseconds with this 28 AWG. I then plugged this into the Sony BluRay - It just couldn't keep up. I'm piping in 2.4Mbps, so there's never been a problem.



I feel really ripped off on this one and, for me, the loss of the free shipping on a better-built replacement (because I bought over $25 on my order, I got "super saver shipping.")



If you are just doing webmail, casual browsing, this will probably work. I would highly recommend that you avoid bending the cable at a sharp angle, pinching it under furniture, etc... The thin wires are more delicate.

This is a high quality network cable perfect for laptop users like myself who can't use wireless and want to be 'mobile' with their laptops. I have gone through several network cables trying to find a good one - and I believe this is it!



previous problems with other cables

- Don't last - the part of the cable near the connector gets twisted/flexible and eventually stops working. This cable has much sturdier connector 'housing' so there is no 'twist point'

- Connection isn't stable - I have had 3 cables that would lose their connection with the internet even without being unsnapped just from 'jiggling' the computer. This one never drops even as I'm dragging it down the hall. Beware of the cheap blue cables!

Being your average computer user, I needed something that would make my lap-top a bit more useful in my home. This cable allows me to use my laptop at various places on the second floor of my home. Until I decide on a wireless system, this will suit me just fine. - Ethernet Cable - Ethernet Cables - Cat5 - Cat5e'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Ethernet Cable - cat5, ethernet cable ethernet cable Ethernet Cable - cat5, ethernet cable