Thursday 15 October 2009

Black  decker - 18 volt, cordless drill


Wow, what a great value from Amazon. I built my entire deck with this drill on two charges. It has all the power I need around the house.

I looked at several other makes at more than twice the price before I bought this unit. I'm very happy I went with this one. The chucking system works very well too.

I have no complaints with this fine product from Black & Decker. Shipping was very fast too. Black & Decker HPD18AK-2 18-Volt High Performance Drill with 10 Accessories

I don't own this drill, but I used my friend's to build a huge outdoor wooden playsets. It took three days to build, and did it all on one charge.



One really great feature on this drill is the ability to increase or decrease the amount of torque. What I built was made out of cedar, which can split really easy especially the thin planks around the railings.



I'll be picking one up.

I just received the drill so haven't given it much of a workout yet. But I am impressed with the torque...it really makes even my dull bits look good. (I really plan to sharpen those bits....someday.) I have been using a 14V B&D for several years and I get nothing but slippage with the bit going nowhere. In fact I bought Skill AC drill for the rough stuff...which will now go in my RV and this 18V will take the place of all my other drills. I also like the ability to pick a useable torque for setting screws, an impossible task with any other tool I ever had.

I really like having the two batteries included although I doubt I willl be doing enough drilled at one sitting to run out of battery power.

Again in my life I asked myself; "Why didn't I do this sooner?"

I moved into my own place a couple years ago and bought a 3.2 volt tiny drill for all my drilling needs. Even in my tiny condo I've had a couple projects where a drill that small just doesn't cut it. My latest project was to install shelves on a wall, which required drilling a 2.5" screw directly into a stud. I didn't even have to pretend like my drill was going to work, so I borrowed a neighbor's 14 volt, and that got... some of the screws all the way in. I decided to pull the trigger and buy this one for $70 or so, if only to finish up the job and collect dust until I move to my next house, but it's clearly a powerful drill. For larger projects, the second battery pack that comes with it will be very useful too so I can be charging one while using the other. - Cordless Drill - Cordless Nailer - Drills - 18 Volt'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Black  decker - 18 volt, cordless drill 18 volt Black  decker - 18 volt, cordless drill