Monday 26 October 2009

Lithium-ion - 18v, lithium-ion


This battery does not work in the portable vacumn cleaner, battery does not fit correctly due to the design of the plastic end plug. Different than the old metal hydride battery. Works great in the rechargeable drill and reciprocating saw, small half the size of regular battery and light weight. DeWalt DC9181 18-Volt Compact Lithium-Ion Battery Pack

The DC9181 was cheaper than the other Lithium battery DC9180. The DC9181 only has 1.1 amp hour run time and the DC9180 has 2.4 amp hour run time just like the ni-cads. The DC9180 is lighter than the ni-cads and not much more money than the DC9181 and has twice the run time.

After receiving the battery, I was very enthused about using it. It appears about half the weight of standard Lith-Ion battery, and makes for a nice feel in my impact driver. I was a little disappointed with the run time, maybe about half the standard time, but I still like it's compactness and light weight. What else would you expect for half the battery! Besides, I have 2 standard batteries if I need extended running time!

I bought this battery to supplement my regular 18 volt batteries that have some memory issues and to speed up the recharge time between change outs. This one does recharge in about half the time but does not seem to run my saws quite as long as the regular 18 volt XRP did, so it seems to have a little less go time. Another thing this battery does not do is give you a clue when the charge is depleted, it just stops cutting or running the tool. I tend to run my tools pretty hard and usually need some fully charged back-ups standing by.

I generally am happy with my DeWalt tools and liked the idea of trying out this Lithium-Ion, no memory recharging in half an hour vs. one hours time, however I would rate it as 4 stars simply due to what I consider reduced run time. For longer working time I will probably pay more for the full size battery next time.

I recieved my package in a very punctual manner (faster then expected) it was in good condition and the product was exactly what I order. Works with my combo kit, DCK266L, it's exactly the same as the batteries that come in that kit. Much cheaper to buy this online then in store. Happy customer here. - 18v - Lithium-ion'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Lithium-ion - 18v, lithium-ion lithium-ion Lithium-ion - 18v, lithium-ion