Monday 26 October 2009

Sata Power Adapter - power, sata


The StarTech "LP4 to 2 SATA Internal Power" cable provides two SATA power connectors from one standard PC power supply connector. I needed to install a second drive in my PC but was short on available power connections and this cable solved the problem. Both SATA power connectors are also long enough to reach anywhere in my midsized HP tower chassis.



Highly Recommended!



CFH StarTech.com LP4 TO 2 SATA INTERNAL POWER ( PYO2LP4SATA )

This does exactly what it says it will. I needed an additional power cord for a new hard drive I added to my despktop and I decided to use this to split one of them. I use this with my primary hard drive the boots and runs my computer. Have had zero issues since hooking this up. I have a 550 Watt powers upply with 3 internal hard drives and have seen no power issues by using this splitter. Wonder how many of these I could use?!

Don't have enough SATA power connectors on your power supply? This adapter will give you two more. When installing, simply make sure that each pin is aligned and give it a firm push. There's really nothing to it. Good quality part.

I had committed to add a new SATA drive to a system that already had an IDE/EIDE drive. I thought it would be smooth since there was a SATA connector on the motherboard that was not being used for the Data Cable. After purchasing the drive, I realized that the only power connectors available were the old LP4 type. This adapter was a cheap, quick fix, thanks to Amazon. I did not need a Y-Splitter, I could have used a StarTech.com 6IN LP4 MALE TO SATA HARDDRIVE ( SATAPOWADAP ), but chose to go this route so that the system now has a free SATA power connector, should there be any other upgrades.



It did what it was supposed to do! There are other types too, like this one with locking metal latches on the SATA connectors: 6 inch 4pin Molex to Dual SATA 15pin with Metal Latch.

Like another reviewer said: Does exactly what it's supposed to do. Worked right out of the box. Plugged into my SATA drive, then into the power slot on my motherboard. As far as I understand it, this won't plug into your Power Supply, but needs to be plugged into a card or your mobo.

What more can be said? It works just as it should. I had to power up an additional internal hard drive but had no power source that would plug into it. I had plenty of unused old 4-prong power cables coming out of my power supply. This little converter let me use that old 4-prong to power up my new HDD. - Power - Sata Cables - Power Cables - Sata'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Sata Power Adapter - power, sata power cables Sata Power Adapter - power, sata