Monday 26 October 2009

Aa - aa


Sanyo Eneloop low self-discharge batteries are justly praised. I bought two dozen pieces each of the AA and AAA sizes. My Kodak Easyshare C182 digital camera uses a pair of AA batteries. A freshly charged pair of Eneloops enabled me to take 250 flash pictures before the low-battery warning automatically shut the camera off. I took the photos one after another, counting them. The flash remained bright to the last photo.



When charging an Eneloop AA or AAA battery, charge it until the voltage measures 1.41 volts. No higher. You can push the voltage higher, but this harms the battery's overall life. The voltage will sink back to 1.38 volts within a day or so, but thereafter the self-discharge will become much slower. Sanyo NEW 1500 eneloop 4 Pack AA Ni-MH Pre-Charged Rechargeable Batteries

The good:



1) Made in Japan.

2) Pre-charged & ready to use.

3) Rechargeable 1500X (X = times / cycles). I'm happy with just 500X.



The not so good:



1) 2000 mAh. That's not enough juice to provide stamina for power hungry devices.



Background:



For over 4yrs now, I've been using the 'made in Japan', Low Self Discharge (LSD) AA & AAA rechargeable batteries from Sanyo called Eneloop & Eneloop 1500. I use them with all the remote controls & electronic devices / gadgets that I have. I have over a dozen pairs of the Sanyo Eneloop batteries & I like to keep them organized. I have them all marked / labeled in pairs so that I don't mix the batteries when I'm charging them. The plain white color of the Sanyo Eneloop is a plus point here.



For remote controls, the Eneloops are perfect. A single charge c'd stay for more than a year. No complaints. It's when I use the Eneloops with the Canon PowerShot A590IS Canon PowerShot A590IS 8MP Digital Camera with 4x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom that I wish that these batteries had a lil' more juice in them. I c'd barely touch an average of 200 shots with a single charge. That's when I gave the Sanyo Eneloop XX a try & I'm impressed with it. The milliampere-hour (mAh), a measurement of the electric charge transferred by a steady current of one Ampere for one hour (check Google for more detailed explanation), in the new Sanyo Eneloop XX has been upped to 2500 mAh. This increase of 500 mAh really shows an improvement in my compact camera's performance. I've already taken over 400 shots with the first charge & I'm still counting. Even the refresh time between shots have reduced a bit.



Conclusion:



Just a few yrs ago, the Sanyo Eneloop (rechargeable 1000X) used to be priced @ USD20 / 4pcs. It's now selling for about USD10 / 4pcs on Amazon & is very good value for money SANYO eneloop 4 Pack AA NiMH Pre-Charged Rechargeable Batteries. The newer Sanyo Eneloop 1500 (rechargeable 1500X), with no performance advantage over the original Eneloop, is priced @ about USD15 / 4pcs. I got the Sanyo Eneloop XX (rechargeable 500X) from B&H, NYC @ USD20 / 4pcs Sanyo Eneloop AA NiMH Pre-Charged Rechargeable Batteries - new 2500 mAh --eneloop xx -- 1 pack of 4 batteries - Limited Quantity.



I'm sure the prices will eventually come down with more competition & with newer models getting released every year. For now, the Sanyo Eneloop XX sh'd only be considered for power hungry devices such as compact cameras & remote controlled toys. For everything else, the original Sanyo Eneloop (rechargeable 1000X) is still a very good purchase & has not run out of juice just yet.



I find 1500X a lil' over exaggerated. Even if I charge a pair of Sanyo Eneloop XXs every week, 500X will last me over 9yrs. I know I'll replace / upgrade these batteries in about 5yrs or so with whatever c'd be the latest & greatest in LSD rechargeable battery technology then. For 2000 mAh LSD rechargeable batteries, I'd stick with the original Sanyo Eneloop (rechargeable 1000X) & save some bucks.



For best results, I'm using the Sanyo Eneloop batteries with La Crosse Technology BC-700 power battery charger La Crosse Technology BC-700 Alpha Power Battery Charger.



Just my $0.02.



Brgds.

I always trust this rechargeable battery for low self discharge, and this might be the 4th - 5th one I am buying. I am happy and satisfied that I can charge and leave them for even a year without using them, and then when I need it - they do not disappoing me. Other rechargeable battery charges used to wear out within a month after charging them, even if not use, and cannot be used when required. I always recommend this battery to my friends.

I own twenty of these, because after I tried the first pack, I knew I had stumbled on something excellent with these. The charger for these is almost always on vacation, because they last so long it's hardly ever needed. Currently, I can say for sure, that for most applications, these are the best available right now. Don't let the 2000 MAH rating fool you. For most products, that's not a problem.

Love this item, was using energizer rechargables for years can't complain about them but these eneloops will give you longer life span over any competitor. I use them with Nikon flashes, exceptional recycle time. And I actually use an energizer pro charger to recharge a bunch of them at once, it seems these charge quicker than the branded energizers (by about 1 1/2 hour). Personally, the only downside to this, is that i only ordered one pack!! I need to get me some more of these things!!!

I love this battery, no more constantly worrying about recharge batteries for my devices.

I never had rechargeable batteries last this long and keeps their power for long period of time.

My golf GPS and Range finder drain batteries like crazy. New batteries last only last couple of hours for each devices. The Sanyo batteries seemed last at least 10 times more than my old batteries.

I am a happy camper now. I think i will replace all my old batteries with these babies. - Aa'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Aa - aa aa Aa - aa