Monday 26 October 2009

Safety Goggles - eye safety, safety glasses


If you have a big head, these glasses might be too small. They are 135mm wide which is too small for me. Home depot and Lowes sell ones that are 140mm which fit me just fine. Check the side of the glasses where the width is printed. MSA Safety Works 817691 Over Economical Safety Glasses, Clear

I was worried that for the price, I would be getting a flimsy product. Not true. I was tired of my unnecessary and painful splash goggles in the lab, but worried that these would not fit over my glasses or cover enough of my face to shield it properly. That is not so, these fit over my clunky glasses very well and provide more than adequate coverage without looking stupid! Better yet, these have not scratched yet and I mishandle everything!

My prescription glasses measure 5-1/2 inches across when folded and they fit just right inside these safety glasses. They are comfortable and clear, but they look like they'll scratch easily. I addition to yard and shop, I'm using them for shooting glasses, but there are some stray reflections that some people might not like. It's not bad though, and I got used to it quickly. I'll buy more of these when the two pairs I bought get scratched up.

We bought 2 pairs of these glasses for general lawn work and projects in the house. They are great! They fit over glasses just like they say they do, which we had trouble with, with another product we tried. They aren't overly sporty, but they get the job done!

Let's face it, you're wearing two pairs of glasses at the same time. There's very little hope of this being a super comfortable situation. However this particular product comes quite close to being unnoticeable, which I think is the goal. It fits nicely over my glasses, and seems very sturdy and protective. My face does get hot and sweaty while using them, but it has been a hot, sweaty summer, so I can let that slide. Considering that I'm looking through two layers of lenses, my vision is nice and clear, very much unimpaired. Combining these pros with the low price makes these glasses a very good buy in my book.

I always use eyeglasses even when I'm doing gardening in my home. Orange and apple trees branches can be unforgiving, so I finally gave this pair of safety glasses a chance after looking at some reviews. The other glasses I looked at didn't cover eyeglasses as well. However, if glasses isn't an issue, you may want to consider these : Dewalt DPG54-1C Protector Clear High Performance Lightweight Protective Safety Glasses with Wraparound Frame



It fits very comfortable on my nose, ears, and head. It fully covers me eyes and protects me very well. No complaints there.



Solid build and great pricing.



Buy with confidence!

These glasses work as advertised. They fit over my prescription glasses. They probably won't fit over large framed glasses. I wear them as wind protection while riding a motorcycle. They fit tightly over the bridge of the nose and keep the wind from blowing up under the prescription glasses and into the eyes. I don't like the full face shield type of motorcycle helmets. I bought 2 pair, one for a spare as they are made of plastic and prone to scratching.

I honestly have no idea why someone would spend twenty bucks or even more on a pair of safety glasses. These are the same safety glasses you probably wore in shop class or something...yeah they don't look cool, but they do what they're supposed to do, and they cost next to nothing.



I'd go five stars if they were just a bit ventilated...I do have to take them off quite often if I'm working outside on a warm day because I get sweaty under the glasses. Not a big deal though. - Safety Goggles - Safety Glasses - Chemistry - Eye Safety'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Safety Goggles - eye safety, safety glasses safety glasses Safety Goggles - eye safety, safety glasses