Monday 3 August 2009

Weights


The weights are nothing special. They're covered in a soft coating, color coded, and no-nonsense. They come shipped in a box appropriately sized for the items, which was another nice benefit. I viewed the rack as an unexpected bonus, and it turns out, it was a bonus that could have been left out. It's flimsy grey plastic that has to be assembled with small screws. The holes didn't exactly line up with the ones I got, and finding a screw driver (I have at least three) that fit the screws without stripping them was impossible. I gave up trying to assemble the rack, and leave the weights just tucked away on the floor. This could be just a bad rack, or could be my own ineptitude, but I think it's the former over the latter, as that I've had much successful experience assembling furniture in the past. Tone Fitness SDNHS-TN020 20-Pound Hourglass Shaped Dumbbell Set with Rack

I bought these dumbbell a few weeks ago and I have been very happy with the quality. I use them for walking and some light toning exercises. They have a nice grip and the weight sizes are perfect for me. I love the fun colors too. The set comes with a plastic rack that holds the dumbbells togehter nicely and keeps them off the floor. I will be buying some more sets to give away for X-mas!

Just got these today. Fast shipping, so that's a plus.



Weights: They're exactly what I was hoping for. The colours are vibrant and the material isn't annoying or abrasive. They are a great size and fit perfectly in my hands; the center width seems to be almost uniform, only slightly larger with each heavier piece.



Stand: I hate to be critical but yeah, the stand is crap. The holes for the screws are too small, so I'm having a hell of a time getting the screw to remain straight as it goes in. And this is coming from a woman that owns her own tool box and about a million types of screw heads. I'm still working at it but I'm sorely tempted to just say bugger the screws and use super glue :P



Thankfully I had read all the reviews and knew to buy this product for the weights and not to expect a quality stand. The weights are worth it, though. Just realize you're getting great weights with a crappy stand for your price and you won't be disappointed.

I didn't plan the alliteration... it just worked out that way... but it's true all the same. The little rack fits compactly in a corner (oh, there I go again) in my living room, they're really cute and colorful (oh no) and comfortable to hold. I bought them to use with my Jillian Michaels 30 day shred video after learning that eventually I'd be doing jumping jacks while holding hand weights. I had lots of individual weights but not a single matching pair. These are perfect. Highly recommended, and a great price.

Great Product for the Price. I use the weights every day. Great for toning the muscles. I actually use them in my cardio workout obstacle course. 30 minutes every day. Glad I bought them. A lot better than the squared off weights, and fits in the hand much better. And, cool colors ta boot.... You can't go wrong if you decide to buy a set.

This a no frills product, the weights being pretty much as advertised. The problem with it is that a) there are no assembly instructions for the rack b) the components of the rack are not labelled--I found out that the dowels are not interchangeable, meaning each dowel, and its ends, fits into a specific location. This is not mentioned anywhere since there are no assembly instructions. I read reviews prior to ordering the product and saw highly conflicting views. Some thought (more actually) that the rack was useless while others, a few, thought that the rack was nice and convenient. Keeping these in mind, I decided to play around with the dowels when they didn't seem to fit well and sure enough I figured things out and was able to assemble the rack quite well. A lot of people will not bother to figure out how to assemble it properly. Of course it is nothing special, in fact one can call it cheap, but it can be used. My suggestion is to enclose assembly instructions complete with dowel labels.

This set is not worth buying. The rack is poorly constructed plastic. The rack was the most disappointing; it is cheap and I got what I paid for. It was not worth sending back. It only holds this particular weights. The weights are adequate, but nothing special

Everything was exactly as described. The sender even ensured that the package had a waterproof covering, which was a really nice touch seeing that it was storming outside when my package was left on the doorstep. Also, I received the package with only 3 days, and that was with FREE shipping!



The weights are great an easy to hold and true to weight. I have no complaints at all!'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Weights Weights Weights