Monday 3 August 2009

Benchtop Drill Presses


This is a cursory review for the Rockwell RK7032 10 inch Drill Press. I will not waste time with specifications, etc.

This product was purchased after I had returned a similar unit with similar features to a local retail source. Amazon had as yet no reviews posted for the Rockwell press but other reviews on the web seemed to indicate that I should try again. The RK7032 is a superior machine. The low price should not dissuade you from considering getting one for yourself. You will discover that the unit runs smoothly, quietly without noticeable vibration. I am pleased that the press comes with a chuck removal wedge to permit easy chuck replacement. I am really pleased that this drill press has simple, external belt tension adjustment. This press has no provision for a laser drill guide like so many other units but don't worry; Those things don't work and you're better off without a laser on your drill press.

Time will tell how this press holds up but I've used enough shop machines to presume that I won't have to replace it any time soon. The manufacturer has a two year waranty which gives some comfort.

One final comment....I kept the box after I bought the first press in case there was something wrong and I had to return the unit. I'm glad I did.

The box for my new Rockwell press is already in the trash. I'm keeping this one. Rockwell RK7032 10-Inch Drill press

Great drill press at a great price. It's been used many times since we received it and not one problem. It does a great job. Oh, you might want to wear gloves when you assemble it because it's got quite a bit of grease on the shaft.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Benchtop Drill Presses Benchtop Drill Presses Benchtop Drill Presses