Saturday 1 August 2009

Tamper Proof Bits - screwdriver set, precision


Very useful tool kit. But the handle is all plastic and comes with a warning to use it cautiously to avoid damage to the plastic handle. If the handle breaks, the tool heads are useless because the shafts are non standard. Wish they were 1/4" shafts so that I can use it with most other handles. Anytime Tools 32 pc MICRO PRECISION SCREWDRIVER SET w/ T4 T5 T6 Mini Torx, Hex, Flat, Pozi

The bit selection is great. The non-standard bit size isn't so great when the included screwdriver lasts one or two uses before it's cheap plastic parts crack open. There is a warning to this effect, but even with that the cheapness of the included screwdriver almost makes the set useless.



I've yet to try using the bits with my adjustable drill chuck or any other adaptor but a quick search online showed that some manufacturers do sell sizes other than the standard 1/4" bit holders. I'm looking into replacing the screwdriver with a nicer one if I can find a size match since the smaller shank is useful for some small electronics.



I'll update this review if I find a good solution, otherwise I'd recommend buying a set with either standard bits or a more robust screwdriver.

This set contained the Torx driver I needed to replace a Jeep headlight. But the plastic collar that you turn to hold the bit in the handle cracked open while being finger-tightened! I was still able to get the job done. The tool was not tough enough, but what do you expect for a 32-piece set for $13?

I bought this set along with the 30 pc precision screwdriver set (one for my husband, one for me). The handle itself is low quality, but the rest is good. I had the piece that tightens down the shaft break within 5 minutes of opening package. It is made of plastic and not very durable. The one plus with this set is the extension, I can use it with the 30 pc set. (I guess now, I have one really good set and some extra replacement bits, for a little more money spent then expected).

You get plenty of less common tips in this set. As others have mentioned, they are of non-standard size, so don't expect to use them in another screwdriver. They feel decently sturdy and I can't think of any application where precision screws would require enough force to risk damage to this thing.



It's great having the slim tips. I bought this set mostly for its Torx tips. It's almost impossible to find T4 - T6 screwdrivers that can reach recessed screws, but these do the job.

This is a great deal on hard to find smaller bits. Another plus is that Anytime Tools shipped it out quick. I ordered on Sunday and it was at my door Wednesday - just paid for regular shipping. I wish other companies would follow suit with this type of service! - Tool Set - Precision - Screwdriver Set - Torx'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Tamper Proof Bits - screwdriver set, precision torx Tamper Proof Bits - screwdriver set, precision