Saturday 1 August 2009

Liquaphite - liquid pencil, loser


Pentech Liquaphite Mechanical Pencil 2 Count .5mm

This pencil is great, it writes smooth and I just love it. My only problem is that you can not get just the refills. I will not be able to continue using it because it is not good for the environment to just throw it away. Please make the refills to just buy Pentech Liquaphite Mechanical Pencil 2 Count 0.8mm

I originally found this product at a local retail store. I fell in love with it and tell everyone I can about it. It writes so smoothly and evenly. It also erases well when needed. Just wish it was easier to find just the refills. I don't need tons of the actual pens without a way of refilling them.

This pencil is great. I was able to use it to take exams, even the essay questions. I wrote a two-day, in-class, 5 page essay with these pencils, no smudging. It was great, I need to erase a lot and these pencils made it easier to keep the paper clean and neat. Like the other person, I just wish the refills were easier to find. So far I haven't found any for sale.

I purchased several packs based on the good reviews here, but this pencil is really horrible. It doesn't write on all types of paper -- no newspaper, so forget crossword puzzles. And it skips. You don't have to worry about an eraser because if you rub your hand across the graphite, it quickly disappears -- whether you want it to or not. Bad product all around.

I bought a duel pack. with extra refill and eraser. Does not write smooth. Leaks. Skips. I highly don't recommend. This is a terrible product. Needs much much improvement before I'll buy again. I am a pencil fanatic and this is a disappointment.

The BAD:

1. Skips like crazy (I have tried three different Pentech Liquaphites).

2. Needs a lot of writing pressure to make a decent line.



The GOOD:

1. A neat concept that goes back to Parker's "Liquid Lead Pencil" of 1955. (It failed too, and for pretty much the same reasons).

2. There are no thin leads to break off and go flying.



To sum it up: Liquid lead pencils have not yet been perfected, even after over 50 years of trying.

I purchased this pencil for a student who fidgets a lot with standard #2 pencils and uses a lot of pressure so is frequently breaking leads. At first it seemed a great solution, but the erasers wore out quickly. As the eraser is also the button for the retractable function, this was an additional problem. Also, of the two pencils purchased, two of the four liquaphite refills had serious flow problems making them impractical to use--especially for a demanding student.

I love these pencils. I must use pencils @ work for certain items and these are the best. No sharpeners needed, no broken lead. But come on! How about selling refills? If you do, how about telling someone where to buy them? Even the store I bought them in doesn't have a clue and their an office supply chain!

These pencils are just really cool! Kind of awkward to write with on hard surfaces (writing is not so clear), but doesn't smudge. I'm a lefty and my papers are always smudged with pencil lead particles, but this doesn't! It doesn't even leave much of a mark on my pinkie! Really great product.

I love to have these at the cabin-you never have to have a sharpener and they erase as easy as a regular pencil. The only drawback I can see is I wish they had a finer point but I can still make my cue marks in the sudoku puzzles. You can press as hard as you want-no broken point or lead. How can you lose? - No Good - Mechanical Pencil - Loser - Liquid Pencil'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Liquaphite - liquid pencil, loser mechanical pencil Liquaphite - liquid pencil, loser