Saturday 1 August 2009

Office Laminator - laminators, office laminator


this product is great for home use. it does take awhile to heat up, but is awesome. i use generic lamination pouches with it and the 5mil works better than the 3 mil samples it comes with. i'm using it to laminate letter size pages. Bible studies that i print on the computer, and then laminate so i can use in my hot tub. it works terrific! i've also made bookmarks using letter size pouches, and have put 3 hole punches so i can put lessons in a binder. the bookmarks and 3 hole punches work great and are waterproof, as long as the cuts and holes are in the lamination part of the pouch only, and not on the paper. so i cut the paper before i laminate it so i have room to 3-hole punch or cut into bookmarks. for the bookmarks though i had to round the corners as they were very sharp. this is an awesome product. it's slow, so i wouldn't recommend if you have high volume or little patience. 3M TL901COS Scotch Thermal Laminator with Bonus 20 Laminating Pouches Starter Kit

We bought this laminator for a project I was working on for our toddler. I called a couple office supply stores and it was going to cost over Twenty dollars to laminate the project. I opted to purchase the laminator for just over the cost of this 1 project. I have never laminated anything and I was impressed. Without reading the instructions I was able to laminate my project. It was a blast. Now I can't imagine not owning a laminator. It is great for our daughter. I have also used it to create items (tic-tac-toe games, flowcharts, door signs, calendars, etc. ) that can be used with a dry erase marker. This is cost-effective (saving ink, paper, and time of printing and reprinting) and is good for our environment. I have also laminated pictures without problem. I don't know why for home use you would need anything fancier (more expensive) than this laminator.

I bought this laminator to laminate photos I then cut up into bookmarks. I have to use several packets before I realized the packet had to be opened and layed back over the top of the machine so it would seal correctly. I still get ones that are not sealed completely. If you take your time and let the packet pull itself into the machine and keep the packet open and layed back over the top of the machine it works better.

For the price I guess this is a good enough machine. It beats the peel and stick type of lamination.

Its functional as a laminator. I dont like that its at an angle and hard to put small things through it and keep them in place in the laminating sheath. I also dont like the smell it makes sometimes. But in general its worth the price and I really need it!

3M TL901COS Scotch Thermal Laminator has a great feature...in theory, but it doesn't work !

There is a release button to help should something get stuck. But the release button itself gets stuck continuously!!!

I bought the laminator at a discount store and had that problem. I assumed maybe it was a "refurbished product" so I returned it and ordered one on line. Same issue! I am not using thick sheets of paper...just normal printer stock. But every time I turn the machine on, the "release" button bangs and acts as though it is jammed. There's nothing in the machine ! I spend more time un-jamming the release button than I do laminating.

I would NOT buy this product again.

I bought this to laminate some pictures and some ID cards. It works very well for this purpose. I have had no problems with insufficient sealing but I do admit that it takes a while to get to optimum operating temperature. Still if you're not in a hurry, this laminator will get the job done well. For the seventeen dollars I paid, it was well worth it.



(I'm noticing that some are charging in excess of thirty dollars for this laminator.... for that price, you can get a better more heavy duty one.) - Laminating Machines - Laminators - Laminator - Office Laminator'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Office Laminator - laminators, office laminator laminators Office Laminator - laminators, office laminator