Saturday 1 August 2009

Power Tools - router table


After setting up one of these router tables, I discovered that it would not take a bit larger than 1 5/8". Since I had purchased the table to make custom frames with tongue and groove bits, the table had to be disassembled and returned. Unfortunately, Skil does not list the limit on bit size on the box, and you can only find this information in a footnote about the supplied inserts well into the manual. Since I didn't actually use the table I can not comment on other concerns. SKIL RAS450 450-Square-Inch Aluminum-Top Benchtop Router Table with Extensions

Skil makes better products than this table!It was awsome on 1st try I thought wow! Then i used it more! Trust me spend a little more $$ on a table cuz you will end up getting a better table in the end! Most of the problem with this table is the fence system! Watch your fingers hold on tight!Also make sure you you mount the table by holes in the bottom of the table's leg's.

OK, I agree with all the other reviews. The lower cost variant of this table (often sold with a 1.75-hp router for $89) is a good start for a novice to routing. However, the safety guard is painful to use and with improving skill level, the woodworker will probably replace the table with a better unit.



But, not all users are interested in anything more than completing the job at hand. This unit just be just the ticket for those users.

I bought this Router Table and I was expecting it to be a very easy to use since it's small and the one I bought came with a straight fit Router which on Christmas was on sale both for $100, the assembling was not very very difficult but to learn how to use it was a nightmare. I even gave the router to a contractor who did some work on my house and asked him to show me how to make it work or at least control the level of router which is the biggest worry for router users, the contractor couldn't adjust the level and said it's a junk. Be careful the other review is 100% correct this table is very dangerous, the plastic cover hit the router bit once and almost hit me, after this incident I decided to put it back and return it , i usually hate to return items but as long as I see this item in my house I feel that they scammed me with an item that I couldn't use even once. - Router Table'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Power Tools - router table router table Power Tools - router table