Sunday 23 August 2009

Hole Punch


It is amazing how quickly you become dependent on some things. One of the things I seem to be unable to live without is a three-hole punch. I have a lot of binders at home and work where I keep various files, and a three hole punch is essential.



Three hole punches come in a variety of styles. I have tried low quality three hole punches and have been disappointed with how quickly they seem to start binding up, or the cutter gets dull. On some, the fence that sets the size of the paper either can not be tightened, or is so difficult to use as to be impractical.



This three hole punch has punched holes in thousands of sheets of paper and still seems to be as shape as when I first purchased it. While it takes more force to get through a lot of sheets, I am sure that I have stretched the limit of the advertised 32 sheets of 20 lb. paper.



There are many three hole punches available. I know this particular punch costs more than some, but it may be the last three hole punch you ever need if you are buying it for home use. In the office I think you will find it outperforms and outlasts many other hole punches. I recommend this hole punch highly. Officemate Heavy Duty Adjustable 2-3 Hole Punch with Lever Handle, 32-Sheet Capacity, Black (90078)

After reading reviews, I ordered this 3-hole punch to replace a Swingline that had bent (perhaps I had tried to punch too many sheets at one time). I am very happy with this punch. It does exactly what it is supposed to do -- no frills, no bells, just a hardworking heavy duty 3-hole punch. Where my Swingline was held in place with 1/4" screws, this one uses 1/2" screws. Everything about this punch says sturdy. Handle moves easily and punches with ease. Love it.

I had to give it one star because Amazon's service was excellent. However the product was a great disappoiontment. I expected a punch that would handle 32 sheets would be of industrial quality. This was not even light duty home use quality. The casting was rough, the punch adjustments were not secure and one had the adjusting screw stripped so it did not work at all. The paper stop would not stay put so you don't know where your holes will come out.

I have used punches like this that are of excellent quality so it is not the design, it is this particular manufacturer.

As I said, Amazon's service was excellent. They accepted the return and refunded my money. Great job Amazon.

I've only owned the product for 3 months; and the handle bent and then broke. As a teacher, I used this whole punch almost daily, 30 sheets at a time. If you need a large capacity and quality punch, look someplace else.

It's a good, heavy-duty paper punch. It has held up well and gets the job done. The lever gives you a lot of leverage and reduce the effort that it takes to do multi-page jobs. What else can you say about a paper punch?

Yes, it can punch 32 sheets, but I had a hard time keeping the paper guide in place at 11 inches. As a result, my punched holes were routinely misaligned. If you are a stickler for quality and perfection, this is not the hole punch for you. Hole punch also includes free oil residue, metal shavings, and fingerprints fresh out of the box.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Hole Punch Hole Punch Hole Punch