Sunday 12 July 2009

Right-angle Drills


The Dewalt DW960 18v cordless right angle drill is very flexible. Not only ideal for driving screws or drilling (with short drill bits) in tight spaces, but the general shape also allows it to serve well as a light-duty sanding & polishing tool with a 5" hook & loop disc pad attached (3M Hookit 9173NA, sold on amazon.com). After several months, my drill is still performing like new. Battery performance is also quite respectable with the current Li-Ion batteries.



For the reviewer mentioning a bad chuck, Dewalt does not manufacture that. Instead, Dewalt selected a chuck made by Jacobs - a traditional, well respected, brand many expect on quality drills. The included Jacobs model #30354 keyless chuck is quite robust, still little in this world is perfect. Your tool is under warranty, but, if you prefer to replace the chuck, the tool will accept most 3/8" chucks fittng a 3/8" x 24 threaded spindle. Amazon.com sells several, including that specific Jacobs model.



By the way, I actually prefer the use of a standard chuck over a proprietary one (made only by Dewalt) which may be difficult to find or replace in the future. Jocobs chucks are sold nearly everywhere and there are many compatibles available. Bare-Tool DEWALT DW960B 3/8-Inch 18-Volt Cordless Right Angle Drill/Driver (Tool Only, No Battery)

I like this tool alot, It deffiantly fits in my tool colection. When ever a job is to big for my comventional drill I turn to this. Would I use it as my every day drill, no but it works great for those times when your stuck working in a tight or weird spot. The only negative I have is that it dosent have a 1/2" chuck, But I know that and plan acordingly with 3/8" bits so its not a huge deal. I paired this with a compact 18v battery and it makes a huge diffrence in weight, and it also makes it a bit shorter than if you had an xrp battery on it.

This is pretty much a must have for any DIY'er. I can't count the amount of times it has saved me when working in tight spaces. The power button is designed well so you don't have to worry about slippage when using the tool. It has nice control modulation as well which is even more appreciated since you are most likely using this at an awkward angle. The weight is fairly good also and I don't find fatigue to be an issue with this tool.

I like the drill for what its worth (getting into tight places). We always seem to want more then we started with in the beginning.I do have a larger size drill when I need a larger tool,so I'm satisfied with the tool I purchased for the job I intended it for at time of purchase.Its a good tool and we always want more after we make the final decision.

Brotherlove

I heard this was indispensible for cabinet installation, so bought it for that. Now I wish I had bought it years ago. Useful and powerful. My only complaint is the lack of torque settings like regular drills. More dangerous for screwing. My tenth dewalt power tool, but not my last. :-)

For any of us who have used the "rats-a-frates" wording - and then some more choice words, when not being able to "drill that hole", "set or remove that screw", in tight places because we couldn't physically get in there with our Hands, a Screwdriver, a traditional Electric or Battery powered Drill... This tool does the job! It is a 3/8" Chuck vs. say 1/2", however, it will perform most jobs as needed, and does it with enough power, and your ability to grasp the tool itself to complete the task(s). How did we accomplish things without it previously? Buy it, you will be happy, and Amazon has the best pricing I have found.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Right-angle Drills Right-angle Drills Right-angle Drills