Sunday 12 July 2009

Combo Door Lock Combination - lock1


I tried two other keyless entry locks before I tried this one by Anaconda. The first was the mighty Kwikset Powerbolt 1000. They were both fairly easy to install but the motor on the Kwikset was not worth twice the price. As long as the motor holds out this lock is well worth the price. I plan on getting more for my other doors.

----------------------------------

Update... This unit has failed three times since I installed it. I had to readjust the placement of the locking mechanism each time and even then it was a pain to get it to work. Yesterday it failed for the last time. I could not get it to work again. It lasted less than 2 years and was a pain the whole time I had it. I wouldn't recommend this for my dog house. Keyless Entry Deadbolt System

If you have a lot of keys to deal with or need to allow temporary access to guests or maintanance personnel then you will love this! Although this comes with 3 master override keys, you will only use them in an emergency. Just program a pass code for yourself and one for whoever needs temporary access. Either code can be changed easily when no longer needed. The keyless operation eliminates any chance of someone copying the key, so no costly locksmith charges for re-keying and no security risk posed by duplicate keys! The only cautions about this product I would give are that its not water proof so don't install it in an area that is directly exposed to water. Also, take your time to install this lock neatly with the moving parts properly aligned. Its not difficult to install but if you do a sloppy job it will likely put a greater load on the motor and gears due to improper alignment and shorten the working life of the lock. When properly installed, the deadbolt should turn effortlessly with no resistance whatsoever. If you do it right this lock should work for years with only a change of batteries once or twice a year. They are so useful to me I have replaced every deadbolt on all exterior doors with a keyless. I also ordered 3 extra ones to give away for X-mas gifts. Everyone I gave them to loves them. Highly recommended!

I bought and installed this keyless entry system and I think it's great. The keypad glows in the dark. It is convenient and installation over the existing door knob took about 20 minutes (5 of which took to dismantle the old lock). The only concern I have is that the deadbolt doesn't seem as durable as other well known companies like Schlage. I don't think it would take much for a burglar to kick the door in, but I am not going to test that theory out myself. Not sure how long the batteries last, but there is still the back-up keys they give you with it that you can hide somewhere in your yard or at a neighbors. I am considering buying another to install at my back door.

I purchased 2 of these (1 as a gift and 1 for my home's front door.)

It was simple to install, and works well.

The price is 1/2 comparable products.

Negatives: the shiny gold finish seems easy to scratch, the mechanism would not hold up to heavy duty use although I think it would do fine for a few uses a day.

I had to wiggle it a bit to actually make it work. Seems like the batteries were popping lose and that maybe it works on a frequency (sound) transmission. I messed around a bit with the battery compartment as well as literally wiggling it. Eventually I got it working properly and it continues to work properly.



Someone asked about the screws on the outside of the door. Those screws keep the keypad on the door and do not allow actual access to the locking mechanism of the door. While it may be possible for someone to remove the screws and eventually figure out how to unlock your door, it would probably be easier for them to smash your door in, break a window, or do some other destructive action. If you are really concerned about someone invading your home, you should get a security alarm system. I doubt there is a lock on the market that is impervious to picking or breaking in, if the invader is determined enough.

I bought this and it was easy to install, and the batteries (given you put high quality ones in) last for a long time!!! I never have to worry about locking myself outside anymore!!!

Also, it is perfect if you have roomates, because you don't have to change locks, you just disable the entry code they had!

I absolutely love it!!!!

Works well. Easy retrofit installation, it took about half an hour to remove old deadbolt and install this product. The best part is, I don't have to keep buying keys to replace the ones that my son keeps losing. - Lock1'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Combo Door Lock Combination - lock1 lock1 Combo Door Lock Combination - lock1