Tuesday 12 May 2009

Usb Car Charger - usb adapter, usb car charger


Bought this to power both mine and my wife's Droid Incredibles and the ipod nano at the same time with room for more accessories in the future, but it couldn't even charge a single incredible by itself. The the phone's charging indicator would turn on and off repeatedly. It could charge the nano, but if you tried to play it while charging on this thing, it would produce a loud screechy-whiny noise. Don't know whether it was some kind of ground-loop interference or just dirty power. RMA'd. 5-in-1 Auto Charger. 4-Port USB Car Charger and 1 12V DC Cigarette Socket - Great for iPhones, iPods, GPS, PSP, Cell Phones, Radar Detectors, and Many More

WHY NOT 5-STARS:

I feel bad for taking off a whole star for this - the car adapter slot in this adapter gave me a bit of wiggle room. It holds the DC charger tightly. Whenever the device is plugged in all the way (which is easy to tell!), it has power. But at first it made me a little nervous the way I could wiggle a plug around inside the adapter's big slot, when the plug doesn't wiggle in the car's power slot. Regardless of this, I haven't seen any danger of the plug falling out of the car adapter, and power output stays continuous.



It comes OEM - no manual, directions, nothing. A tiny piece of paper about how to replace the fuse would have helped immensely.





But Wow. I've had this almost a month, and I'm surprised by how well it works! It meets my needs perfectly.



Had some fuse issues from trying to install an inverter that was too big for my car's adapter, and there was a short I had to find and take care of.



The little magenta fuse is a standard, very small wattage ATM fuse - just like in many cars. A key is all it takes to pop the fuse out without damaging it - a knife *will* cut the plastic of the fuse and ruin it. Its easy removal really helped for discerning that the short wasn't in the slot itself!



My car suggests that no more than 180W be plugged into the power adapter - with two phones, a gps navigator, an actively-used 90W laptop charger, and a bluetooth headset all charging this puppy didn't blow a fuse (neither its own, nor my cars).



I did accidentally shred that small fuse trying to get it out, before I realized I didn't need a knife. The local Autozone only had fuses that let me step up to a 5W. This has been safe, and hasn't damaged the car, the slot, the adapter, nor anything plugged in. I guess the car charger slot isn't on that fuse, because I've been plugging a 90W laptop charger into it.



Great product for a great price!

I hardwired a 12v socket and hidden it in the car. I have my Garmin traffic reciever plugged into the main socket as well as a mini USB and 2 x USB extention cables (to allow passengers to charge up devices). I'm not sure why others are having issues but it powers and charges my EVO 4G and GPS just fine. Simultaneously. I've even used another connection to charge my work phone and it charged fine. thumbs up from me.

This is a great unit for charging numerous items in the car. MY GPS can stay plugged in while I charge my iPod and phone with USB outlets to spare. It's slightly bulky but def reasonably sized for what it can do and feels very sturdy and well-built. Would recommend to anyone.

I used this with my GPS, my itouch, my daughters shuffle, my blackberry and USB powered speakers simultaneously.

No problem!!! It feels a little brittle, but I have 2 of them and the other one worked fine also.

It is only a month old.

I am getting another one for traveling.

Seems to work ok except I have a small 12V led light that normally plugs into my exsiting ciggy lighter to charge all the time. This ciggy opening has no fingers to grip the barrel and my light has no 'spring fingers'. I've experienced this as a common problem with different devices, some fit and others fall out.

If your ciggy device plug has 'springs' on the side it should work. The barrel is completely smooth. I'll keep it in the glove box for USB charging use as needed.



I don't care if the USB charging rates are different as long as it charges. I got it for emergency use.

I was using this to charge my phones and run something off the cigarette lighter at the same time. It melted! Got so hot I couldn't handle it to pull it out. Isn't that what the build in fuse is supposed to prevent? Don't buy this.

I received the 5-in-1 one charger earlier this week. My new car has a SINGLE 12v accessory plug in the front, and I needed to keep several items charged all at once. Unfortunately it couldn't handle the load from just three devices: Laptop computer (12v), iPhone (USB) and Blackberry (USB). Granted the laptop probably pulls more current than an average device, but it charges just fine when it's the only device connected. All three quickly blew the 5-in-1's 3A mini fuse. A replacement fuse blew just as quickly again. I thought about replacing the 3A fuse with a 5A but decided against it. Fortunately my car has a standard 110v plug in the rear, so the laptop can charge there (not ideally located, but it works). No problems running just USB devices from the 5-in-1; now I charge my portable GPS in addition to the cellphone, for a total of three USB devices - Usb Car Charger - Usb Charger - Adapters - Usb Adapter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Usb Car Charger - usb adapter, usb car charger usb car charger Usb Car Charger - usb adapter, usb car charger