Saturday 2 May 2009

Sports Products - counter, swimming


This is my third SportCount, but first with the new model. The Chrono 100 now counts up to 100 laps (previous was only 50) which is great for shorter tracks or pool laps. After 100, the unit keeps timing and counting but only stores the most recent 100 lap times. The single button takes very little effort to press; I have yet to miss a click or double-click (a problem with previous design).



A few drawbacks warrant 4 stars instead of 5. The unit only displays the lap number immediately after clicking. Look fast because it only displays for 3 seconds. It does not display running lap time, only running total time. I am also concerned how sturdy the strap will be. The previous model had a replaceable strap whereas the strap for this design is integrated into the body of the unit.



Fantastic little unit. Lightweight, no larger than a class ring and easy to operate with one hand. Very clear display. Great addition to a track or pool workout. SportCount LapCounter

I have done considerable research and found this to be the best counter for my needs. I swim three times a week and this was perfect.



Pros-easy to use, fits on finger, and waterproof.



Cons-to have battery replaced by company you have to pay $10 and pay to have it shipped. This is half the cost of the item. Might as well buy a new counter once this one stops working. Counter is not shock resistant so be careful about dropping it. Band seems flimsy although I've had no problems with it. For now, on Amazon.com, sold only through third party vendor. This means that you have to also pay shipping. Found the same item on ebay, for the same price, with free shipping. In short, cheaper to buy on ebay (for now).



I would highly recommend this item. Best lap counter for swimming.

I purchased one of these lap counters to keep track of how many laps around my pool I walk. It works great and is water resistant. Just be careful when you order that you are ordering the correct one. Thanks to another review that I read, I was made aware that they have one of these that counts laps (like this one). And they have a different one that is a stopwatch. I have looked all over for anything comparable and haven't come across any other water resistant lap counters that you can actually use in a swimming pool. I have had this one for a few months now and use it just about every day. I haven't had any trouble with mine. Also, because you wear it on one finger, it's very convenient.

I read the other reviews and made sure to order the LAPcounter, as apparently there are 2 closely-looking items. So helpful for me as I train for triathlons and always want to keep up with mileage but end up mentally relaxing as I swim and forgetting what lap I am on. Completely dummy-proof as far as I am concerned and have not had any problems. This inexpensive little device has made all the difference for me in keeping the numbers real as I train.

My mom loves using this lap counter to go swimming. Completely waterproof, fits snugly enough not to come off, yet wears comfortably. It really takes away the annoyance of forgetting what lap you're on in the pool. I give it a full recommendation.

I swim about 4x a week about 1-2 miles in a pool. Keeping lap count really grew frusterating until I purchased this product. No timer on mine, I just wanted to keep count. Fits perfect. NO drag. I LOVE THIS item. This counter lets me free up my mind and concentrate on my stroke. It does exactly what it claims.... plus everyone in the pool wants one now!!!

This little lap counter is very easy to us and comfortable to wear. Don't expect it to count splits or or time laps.... it just counts. If that is what you are looking for it is a comfortable, convenient, little device. - Stop Watch - Swimming - Counter - Sports Products'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Sports Products - counter, swimming swimming Sports Products - counter, swimming