Saturday 2 May 2009

Great Customer Service - bluetooth, jabra


If you're new to Bluetooth headsets or if you're not a hardcore headset user, this is a really great headset for the money. First of all, I liked how it sits very flush along my face. Other headsets I've seen stick way out and make you look like a cyborg. Secondly, I found it REALLY easy to use. Jabra did a great job when it comes to laying out the location of the buttons. My previous headset had all the buttons on the face and I found that it was hard to find them and often ended up pressing the wrong ones. The BT2080's ANSWER/END button is by itself on the front face. The rocker type volume switch is on the top/side of the headset. It has a dedicated power button on the backside of the headset. On my old headset, I had to press the ANSWER/END button to turn it ON/OFF. Also the location and size of the power button means there is less chance that it will inadvertantly get turned on when its in my pocket or laptop bag. I also love the intuitive "Smart Display" icons. Press any button on the headset and the battery icon lights up either green or red to tell you how much talk-time you have left. The Bluetooth icon also makes pairing much more simple. Flashing blue means the headset is ready to be paired. Solid blue and you're connected to the phone and ready to talk. The first time I turned the headset on it automatically went into "pairing" mode and since I have a newer phone with BT v2.1 I didn't even need to enter the pin code. Another nice thing is that there are no lights on the front so when I'm driving at night, it doesn't light up the car every 3 secs. Finally, the headset was unbelievably comfortable. It has a super soft eargel and I found that the fit was secure enough that I didn't even need to use the optional earhooks (which is helpful since I wear glasses). Finally, in terms of call quality, it was pretty solid. However, if you make most of your calls in high-noise environments I would recommend a more expensive headset with noise cancellation. Bottom line: the BT2080 is a really solid, easy to use headset and a great value. Jabra BT2080 Bluetooth Headset [Retail Packaging]

Let me start off by saying, this is only the second bluetooth headset I've ever owned and they've both been Jabras. I just bought one of these at a local retail store over the weekend. I was hesitant because the old one I had was plagued with the exact same problems this one has, so obviously I should've trusted my intuition and gone another way. The original Jabra bluetooth headset I had was one of their older, less expensive models which I figured was the reason I was having problems with it. The old headset would work great if I was in the car with the phone sitting in the cup holder next to me. I also had to be wearing the headset on the same side of my body that the phone was sitting so there was clear line of sight between the two devices. The minute I would get out of the car and put the phone in my pocket, it started crackling, cutting out, completely losing connection to the phone, and basically becoming a HUGE point of frustration for me. I figured bluetooth technology has to have improved by now so I went to the store and after looking at all of the available options, I chose the Jabra BT2080 because it looked the most comfortable, least bulky, and most cost friendly. I got the thing home, charged it overnight and began using it the next day and wouldn't you know it? The EXACT SAME PROBLEMS as the old model. Now keep in mind I used the old one with 4, yes four different phones of varying brands and models which I've had over the last 4 or 5 years since I bought the old headset, and every time the same result. This phone was no different so I figured it HAD to be the old headset. Nope! It seems like Jabra is the problem. I'm taking this stupid thing back to the store this afternoon and buying the Jawbone, which I should've bought in the first place. Never again Jabra, never again.

Not a bad headet, but one word of caution. The eargel is comfortable but will not last long. It breaks down quickly. The only replacement option from Jabra is a $10 headset kit, with 2 earloops and one eargel. This will get expensive! I called Jabra and there were no other options. If I had known this, I would not have bought it. I am looking for a 3rd party solution...if anyone knows of one.

perfect headset for beginners. basic, nothing fancy, but works great. on/off, volume, mute, which is all you need in a headset. connects to PS3 very well unlike some lower end bluetooth (Motorola H390) headset I've haved.

The price is good, it is easy to set-up and very user friendly. It is not very comfortable to wear, so I do not recommend it to those people who wear their headsets all the time.



One major flaw that I found (maybe it's true for all bluetooth headsets, have not tried others) is that when using it on my computer to make phone calls on Skype, it interferes with my other bluetooth devices such as my Logitech V470 mouse. Hopefully there would be a firmware update to fix this issue.

If I put my phone in my shirt pocket it starts crackling and breaking up. There is less than 3 feet of distance there. That is unacceptable. It earns a star for being so comfortable. Not very useful because the phone has to be right it front of it to work. What is the point of having a wireless headset and having to hold your phone on one hand so they have line of sight? Totally disappointing.

I bought this Bluetooth at a Black Friday sale for $20. This is the second Bluetooth I've had. The first was a Motorola one and it worked great! It worked well with my Razr, my Blackberry pearl, my Nokia e71x and my Blackberry Bold. I heard Jabra was a pretty good brand so I was not hesitant to try it out. I bought it and went straight home to try it out. I can say I was a little disappointed. It sounds very scratchy like the connection isn't strong. To get a good reception, the phone has to be right next to you or an arm's length away, but even then, it has to be strategically placed in order to not have that scratchy sound. Other than that, it is VERY user friendly and it is very comfortable. I LOVE the Eargel part but it also comes with a hook for around your ear. Overall, since I only paid $20 I am not unhappy with the purchase. I would recommend this to a first time Bluetooth user. Hope this helps! - Bluetooth - Ear Piece - Headset - Jabra'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Great Customer Service - bluetooth, jabra bluetooth Great Customer Service - bluetooth, jabra