Saturday 2 May 2009

Beach Wedding


I received this book as a gift about a month before my wedding. I was going totally crazy with self-doubt about how the wedding was going to turn out. I just wanted everyone to have a great time and for it to go smoothly. But from the minute I started reading even the first introduction, I felt reassured and full of hope that we were on the right track, or that we would be soon with just a little effort. Not only does this book have everything you can possibly think of, it's a pleasure to read and easy-to-use. It helped to make our wedding more wonderful than we ever dreamed. Everything we needed was all there...a total lifesaver. We not only were able to deal with our bandleader with some authority, together, we worked out a great plan for the whole wedding program using the great ideas and tips in the guide book. The forms in the workbook were amazing because they led us every step of the way. We're still getting calls telling us what a wonderful wedding we had and how good a time everybody had - and how they loved the music. Speaking of music, we actually used the CD at the wedding. We loved the Celtic feel of "The Wedding Song" and we used it before the ceremony. Also, I fell in love with the instrumental of "Con Te Partiro" and used it for our processional. We both still listen to the album and it brings back wonderful memories. I wish every wedding could have the warmth and the closeness we all seemed to feel that day and we owe so much of that to the music planning guidance from "How to Set Your Wedding to Music". I'd give it a 5 star rating. How To Set Your Wedding To Music - the Complete Wedding Music Guide (Book only)

I just loved reading this book! The table of contents alone was an education. I realized how many things there were to consider besides the songs themselves. We'd both been to so many boring weddings! I was beginning to worry if everybody would have a great time at ours. Not only is "How To Set Your Wedding To Music" loaded with great ideas and information from beginning to end, it's totally easy and fun to read.Most of all, it helped us plan a fabulous wedding program. We were guided every step of the way by the workbook pages, and the forms helped us create the total program for the whole wedding. Everybody loved it. Everybody was part of everything. And thank goodness for the first rate concise chapter on dealing with DJs and bands. Without this book, I know our wedding would not have turned out to be so wonderful for us and for everyone there. Not only friends, but our aunts and uncles and cousins of all generations are still raving about what a great time they had and how terrific the music was. It makes us feel so good to know that everyone we care about really felt part of it all. I'd give this book the highest rating. Don't plan your wedding without it!

If your wedding music is great, then your wedding is great. This book helped us do that. We were able to create this wonderful emotional feeling at our ceremony and a great party at our reception by following their suggestions. Not only was the book full of all kinds of tips and info we didn't know about planning music, but the CD was fabulous as well. We used almost all of it. Some of our guests wanted to know what Cd it was because they all loved the music. There are new versions of some old wedding songs that are really beautiful, like The Wedding Song and Sunrise Sunset. I never heard them done like that before and probably wouldn't have used those songs because they usually sound so old-fashioned. But these were like they had just been done for my wedding. This was the first time I'd seen a music guide for weddings, expecially with a CD and I'm thrilled I found it.

I was just about to add my "rave" review when I read the review by "Chicagoland." I can't believe what she said about this CD. Yes, there were a few songs from soap opera wedding scenes. But these are great songs written especially for weddings. One was even an Emmy winner. If you're looking for a song that not everone else will play, you will find it here - beautiful alternatives and yes, my fiance loved them also. The traditional favorites don't sound like all the others - they sound much better- not overblown and sloppy like so many wedding CDs. These were creatively and tastefully done. I'm using many of them. As far as the book, Chicagoland couldn't possibly have read it. There was so much helpful and unexpected advice I've never seen anywhere else. In fact my DJ loved it. He said he's going to give it as a gift to all his new clients so they can be prepared. As far as the author making reccomendations, I appreciated how interested she seemed to be in making my wedding wonderful.I guess there are some people you can never please and Chicagoland must be one of them. I agree with the raves. Both the CD and the book are great!!!

I ordered this book based on the rave reviews I read about it here on Amazon. I thought I should write my own opinion so that people looking to buy this have a fair idea of what it is. I purchased this book and CD hoping to get a collection of all the wedding songs I'd like played at my wedding - what no one mentions is that the songs on the CD do NOT sound anything like the originals. Not only that, but the author has penned some of her own songs that are really quite corny and not even musically pleasing, in my opinion. I think a wedding song should be special to the bride and groom - not to some unknown author. I guess if you're a soap opera fan, the inclusion of some love/wedding songs from a few soaps will be a bonus for you - for me, it was wasted space. Even if you're a big soap fan and love one of these songs, I'll bet your fiance isn't - and won't appreciate these not-hot songs being played at his wedding. All in all, I was sorely disappointed in this purchase and regretted it almost immediately after hearing and reading it. The tips in the book are no better than, "Look for a good DJ!" "Pick your own music - it's YOUR day!" Many DJ's not only accept your music, but ASK for your opinion, especially on things like first dance, etc. This is no big secret. Most of the author's recommendations are for "original" songs she's written! How tacky! Brides on a budget: save your money and get your nails done for what this costs. And I say this even though I have a copy that I'm dying to unload (Perfect condition - listened to once, unfortunately!)'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Beach Wedding Beach Wedding Beach Wedding