Thursday 14 May 2009

Disc Cleaner - dvd cleaner, cd cleaner


Easy to use, takes 4 AAA batteries. Spray-cleaner it kept in a slot. You take that out and spray the disk, then drop it into the cleaner. No on/off switch is automatically since exertions.

Removes the surface grime, those pesky fingerprints that cause problems. Cleans DVDs, CDs.



Really does the trick if you are just looking to clean your CDs and DVD. If you need to repair scratches I recommend Aleratec DVD/CD Disc Repair Plus Digital Innovations 60101 Motorized Disc Cleaner

I bought this cleaner to replace and old Maxell manual cleaner that served me very well. I was doubtful that it would work because the price was so reasonable. Though it has worked on the majority of disks that I've tried it on, this is a cleaner for lite users only. If you often encounter disks that require a more intensive cleaning, then skip this one. For those lite users, I would recommend using a spray of glass cleaner rather than the included spray.

Regular use of this cleaner will eventually required that you purchase a new cleaning pad. The problem is that you'll have to buy the entire accessory kit full of things that you will most likely never need just to get one little pad. I'm not a fan of hidden costs. Honestly, I haven't found a replacement pad pad yet and I anticipate that I'll eventually just have to throw the whole thing away and get another cleaner. tadaaa! Now you're back where you started.

I bought this item mostly to clean rental DVDs before putting them into my new DVD player. $10 seemed worth the risk. For my first use, I cleaned a particularly heavily-used DVD according to the instructions. The DVD did not look noticebly different afterwards, and upon playing the disc it skipped and was unplayable. I did another application with this product, and it still did not play. As a last resort, I sprayed the disc with Windex and used a lint-free towel to clean it. The disc played fine. Another time, I picked up a CD that was out of its case and had gathered dust and a couple of fingerprints. This device did a good job removing the dust and the light fingerprints. I still intend to use this product routinely to remove dust and grime on lightly soiled discs, but expect that it will be worthless when it is called upon to clean heavily used rental DVDs.

I bought one of these and was quite disappointed. I have two small kids who get fingerprints on all of there DVDs. I sprayed one, dropped it in the machine, watched it spin around and then...



When I pulled the disc out, there were still fingerprints all over it. Using my shirt, I gently wiped on one and it came right off.



How can the cleaning pad NOT work, but my shirt work just fine?



I took it back to the store.

Not purchased from Amazon, but the 2nd of my dud purchases at Fry's electronics. The "cleaner" simply spins the disc while a "cushion" of cleaning material pushes down on the surface and attempts to remove dirt and smudges.

I tested this item on a moderately dirty DVD and watched in amazement as it made perfect rings of grime evenly around the DVD. I applied 2 more doses of the cleaning fluid and more of the same. A useless gimmick rather than a real cleaning tool.



Prior to dropping and breaking it I'd been using the "CD Stealth" cleaner, which works in a radial fashion, and had been excellent for almost 4 years.



This doody is going back to Fry's and I will be getting the more expensive but proven CD Stealth again.

Overall I am pleased with this product. It doesn't actually remove scratches or anything miraculous like that but definately does a good job of cleaning the disc surface. It has made several disks stop skipping on me and eliminates any worries I have of a dirty disk causing damage to the reader eye. It's also definately a safer option then just wiping a disc on your shirt. It does make quite a loud noise when it is cranking away just fyi for the noise sensitive types. Says right on the bottle of spray it is isopropyl alcohol so refills are cheap and easy. Ninety ninety cents at your local drug store would be about nearly a life time supply.

This product works great but the battery compartment won't stay on mine and since it is spring loaded, I can't even get some tape to hold it on. I didn't want the huge of hassle of sending it back so I just deal with it. - Cd Cleaner - Dvd Cleaner - Dvd Repair - Disc Repair'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Disc Cleaner - dvd cleaner, cd cleaner dvd cleaner Disc Cleaner - dvd cleaner, cd cleaner