Monday 13 April 2009

Pet Grooming Tool - cordless, rotary tool


I bought it for my dog's nails. It arrived yesterday morning just after I started trying to fix the tiles in the shower - who were put in by a moron. Two were shoved so closely together that there was no room for grout and water leaked in rotting the wall board. I didn't know what to do since it meant cutting a tile to fit - something I don't know how to do. I thought of the Dremel, and used it to grind down one of the tiles. It worked and saved the day! If it will grind down about 1/4" off a ceramic tile without breaking a sweat I imagine it will do most anything I need it to do. Dremel 7700-1/15 MultiPro 7.2-Volt Cordless Rotary Tool Kit

My sole purpose for buying this tool was to trim the toenails of my two large dogs. That it does very well with the least amount of stress for my dogs and the most ease for me.



I did have a problem with my Dremel, as the battery portion would come loose from the top grinder part as I was using it (the battery and tool clip together). I thought at first I was squeezing it too hard to cause it to release, but it turned out to be defective. Dremel, the company, was very apologetic and told me to send it back to them. They sent me another one within a short amount of time (2 weeks).



I bought grinders in the past that burned out in year (Craftsman brand) (the rechargeable batteries wouldn't hold a charge) right after the warranty was up. Dremel is warranted for two years, which is much better. It should not be asking much for 5-10 minutes of grinding on toenails every other week to last for many years. But at least I now know that the Dremel company stands behind their products. Since I did have to pay $12 for shipping and confirmation to send it back, I have to take away a star.

I have the corded Dremel, but because of the cord it has limitations, so I bought this. I RARELY use my corded Dremel anymore. I only use this one now. It's amazing AND you are not giving up very much. Battery life is great, and torque is really strong. I am able to use this in any application, and the only time I go to my corded one is if I forget to charge this one. I have used this to cut through pipe, trim out wood, score tile, and much more. It's so easy to use, and so versatile that I am always finding new uses for it. It is also very well made. Mine gets knocked around a lot and even fell a couple of times and it still keeps going. I highly recommend this to anyone who has a home or does any kind of DIY project.

My only complaints for the 7700 is that it only has a high and low speed setting, as opposed to a rheostat type variable speed. It benefits by the addition of the tool-less adjustable chuck. Having read about the short charge life of its batteries, I ordered an extra to have one ready to switch out when one runs low. These two additions boost the price a good deal, but worth it in my opinion.

when fully charged the tool works very well. the battery is not Li-ion so it only stays charged for about 45 min. of consistent use. and when working on a project one usually doesn't like to work for 45 min then take a 3 hour brake while the battery charges and then get another 45 min in. so if you buy a few extra batteries it would probably not be a problem.

Another reviewer warned that the tools specifically designed to groom pets nails were under powered. I bought this specifically to file my dogs' nails. I don't even have to use it on the high power level. It works great. Battery seems to hold charge well. Charged it once and used it twice in a one month period and it is still going strong.

I have two Rhodesian Ridgebacks, both have massive thick black nails that need to be trimmed often. This tool is a good size and weight, it fits my hand and after 20 nails the fatigue to my hand was minor. I used the lower speed and that is a lot faster then the low on my previous grinder which helped the job to be accomplished faster! This unit does get a little warmer around the neck area than my older model did but nothing that was a concern. The installation and removal of the sanding attachment was so easy! I'd recommend this to anyone that has dog nails to grind, even big thick ones!

I use this dremel for my 80 pound rescue puppies nails. I love the cordless. I was using a corded dremel because I thought I needed the power. I bought this same exact dremel as a gift for my father to use on his dogs. It worked great for him and had plenty of power to get the job done. After a year of borrowing his I decided it was time to get my own. Great investment.

The Dremel 7700 may be suitable for light use such as crafts (which isn't why I bought it), but when I used it on heavier plastic, the motor didn't have enough torque for the job. The selection of supplied attachments should be enough to get most people started, but the 7700 isn't capable of extracting maximum benefit from them.



The battery part has come loose several times, and the switching between Hi, Off, and Lo is ill-defined. The 7700 is difficult to control. Because there's no trigger, if you drop it, it will continue to spin. This tool is not for children--there's a risk of serious injury.



You get what you pay for. A good cordless rotary tool costs twice the price of the 7700. If you need a cordless rotary tool for anything but crafts, look at something else. Dremel should pull the 7700 off the market. - Rotary Tool - Nail Grinder - Nails - Cordless'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Pet Grooming Tool - cordless, rotary tool cordless Pet Grooming Tool - cordless, rotary tool