Monday 13 April 2009

Cordless Drill - drills, cordless drill


Overall these tools are a good quality for home use and I have no major complaints. The drill/driver works well and the battery life is adequate. There is a noticable improvement in the SB1B battery life compared to the older SB1A batteries. The 1 hr charger is a must have feature. The battery charge level indicators useful. The flashlight and jigsaw both work well. My only complaint is with the circular saw. The saw drains the batteries very quickly. I was making full length cuts in a 4x8 sheet of 1/2" plywood and didn't complete 2 full cuts before the battery died. I wouldn't buy this kit for the Circular saw but if you are making a few quick short cuts it would do the job. Overall it's a good kit for the money. I also have the x-drive sawsall. This unit doesn't drain the battery quite as fast as the circular saw and is useful for light duty cutting. Factory-Reconditioned Skil 2895-10-RT 18 Volt 4 Tool Combo Pack

I have this combo kit and am very pleased with it's performance for the price paid. I am a weekend DIYer, so I did not necessarily want one of the pricier combo kits, yet I did want a kit that would do what I needed with appropriate power and ease. And I am pleased with the results.



All of the tools have great features, the only negative thing is the short-lived power when using the circular saw. When using a fully charged battery the saw works just as well as a corded model, but the power wears down significantly faster when using this tool over the others.



Although the batteries do not last as long as the manufacturer suggests, I have found that in my work I am able to use one battery while charging the other, so that by the time one dies down the other is fully charged. This is possible with the one-hour charger included in the kit. In fact I keep the charger plugged in right next to my workspace so when I need to switch out batteries they are easily accessible. Two pluses with the batteries include: 1) the batteries have a power meter on them - just press a button and lights will show you how much juice you still have left; 2) the batteries are easily changed out - no complicated trigger or buttons.



Bottom line: don't throw out your corded circular saw just yet, and keep the battery charger handy.

one of the 2 batterys evidently was not charged correctly or something, it did not run the drill very long. the other was fine though. I contacted customer service and asked for a replacement and behold - it came within 10 days. great value and customer sevice. - Drills - Cordless Tools - Battery - Cordless Drill'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Cordless Drill - drills, cordless drill cordless drill Cordless Drill - drills, cordless drill