Monday 13 April 2009

Hobbytoolsupply - sculpting, hobbytoolsupply


I used the tools to create several coil pots and hand build pots with shapes and human faces on it. It also came in handy when I was building a large human bust sculpture about 3 feet tall. A great tool set to own! It comes in handy when trying to carve away intricate details on the wheel thrown pottery as well as hand build delicate pots. Pottery Tool - 11 Pc Set

New way of creating for me! I was just a hands on gal before, but now I can reach into little areas and smooth without mucking up anything. What a wonderful new world this has opened here in my clay covered kitchen! I can now create lovely details much easier. Thank you, Thank you

This sculpture set has lots of tools. I rarely use all of them, but perhaps I just haven't gotten to the place where those tools are needed. Or I haven't figured them out yet. What I do use a lot is a new product called "Studio by Sculpey". It is a set of three long black handled tools with 3 different size smooth metal balls on the ends. On the opposite ends are soft rubber tips for smoothing and forming.

We use the "11-piece Pottery / Sculpture Tool Set, Clay & Wax Carving Tools" to carve wax candles (see picture). This set contains a good selection of tools for working and adding texture to wax.



The quality is fairly good for the price (which is a factor in my rating) and I expect to get a lot of use from these tools.



Recommended!

I'm new to sculpting and wanted to make sure it was something I would keep up with before doling out more money. For less than $6 shipped, this product seemed to be the perfect fit.



As others have said previously, many of these tools are nearly identical to each other. Secondly, they are very cheaply made. The metal bits are thin and bend easily under mild pressure.



If you just need some starter tools to use while you give sculpting a test run, this product is probably what you're looking for.

However if you're already sold on sculpting and are looking for tools to replace or add to your collection, I'd look elsewhere.

I was looking for tools to work on clay and this were the perfect item for my needs, the seller shipped the item really fast and i got them 3 days after I placed the order, how ever there are some tools I'm sure not going to use but for the pack is a great deal.

I started working on some ceramic projects and I didnt want to spend too much money on tools since your hands are probably the best tools to sculpt. Anyways, these tools were priced fairly cheap so I decided to try them and I was not disappointed. They aren't flimsy, and are pretty sturdy. They didnt bend or break when I used them, since clay is really heavy. It comes with a variety of different tools so you can get creative. I would recommend to anyone who doesnt want to spend too much money on good tools.

This set pratically has everything you need for carving. At school- we have a set that only has 4 basic tools. I purchased thses as I found that 4 tools just isn't enough. I was able to use all these tools on making a large purse out of clay. I had to make this purse twice, as the first time I just used the basic tools we had at school- and it cracked. Having all 11 tools the second time I made this purse, it didn't crack! This set comes with all the tools you can think of! I am so happy I was able to recieve this set fast in the mail! Overall the best tools yet! - Sculpting - Pottery Tools - Hobbytoolsupply - Ceramic'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Hobbytoolsupply - sculpting, hobbytoolsupply pottery tools Hobbytoolsupply - sculpting, hobbytoolsupply