Monday 13 April 2009

Flat Screen - flat screen, cleaner


After reading all of the reviews I thought man, I have to get me some of this. Well I did and my personal experience isn't that good.



Tried it on my 50" plasma and initially it seemed to work pretty well, but as I looked closely at a reflection in the plasma glass I saw streaks! So, I got a flashlight and looked over the entire display and sure enough, there were streaks all over. Now I'm not one to just slap some cleaner on and a couple of swipes and I'm done. I meticulously polish the screen.



Started over doing a very small section, applying cleaner to cloth, spreading on display, turning cloth to dry area, polish, polish polish - still streaks. Mind you I'm doing this with a flashlight in hand, so every little flaw is visible.



I found that the only way to prevent streaks is to continue working the damp cloth on th display until it less damp, then turn to the dry area for polishing. Which brings me to another problem ...



After doing the above, I noticed literally hundreds of little fibers on the display, with some seemingly stuck to the screen to where i had to rub harder than i would like to get them off. Even still when i did that there were more fibers. Again, did this with a flashlight.



Lastly, After getting everything seemingly good to go, I did a follow up inspection the day after i cleaned the display with this product and noticed what appeared to be a subtle film on the glass. I took a cloth and wiped it off easily, but darn if it didn't come back in a short while. It looked like some type of mild condensation. Again this was with a flashlight in hand.



After all of this, I went back to my old Mirachem Optix cleaner and a true microfiber cloth (the tighter weave type that is used for lens cleaning). I did one half of the display only and left the other side as it was from the Monster cleaner. After several hours I went to inspect it once again and there was the haze on the Monster side, but the side I sued my old cleaner on was clear. When I say haze, it's not noticeable without the flashlight, so most folks wouldn't see it, but with a flashlight it is obvious, particularly on the black band around the actual viewing area.



I haven't tried this product on my LCDs and it may work great on the plastic surface, as opposed to the glass of the plasma. For me, it's just not worth it. Get a good flashlight and check for yourself ...or don't and you'll never know that it isn't perfect. Monster TV CLNKIT Alcohol-Free ScreenClean Kit [Traditional Packaging]

This product works better than any other cleaning method I have used. The cleaning fluid is of high quality but the real gem is the microfiber cleaning cloth that is included. By using this system all of your displays will be crystal clean all the time. I tried it on plasma, LCD & even my camera lcd display & they never looked better. Highly recommended product for keeping very expensive displays looking great.

My experience using this product on my Samsung LN52A650 was a complete nightmare. I contacted Samsung directly for a suggested cleaning method, and Monster's ScreenClean was their only authorized recommendation. Yet, I had the same problems others are describing: the streaks wouldn't go away! After several attempts over a week-long period, my display became a streaky, foggy mess! And to make matters worse, the streaks had that greasy, filmy rainbow tint that you often see when oil's on water. As a result, I seriously began to think my display was reacting badly with the solution. However, I was eventually able to get the streaks down to a minimum by continuously wiping and wiping and wiping. I don't see them at all now.



My advice for those experiencing this same problem: think of it more like you're polishing the screen rather than cleaning it. Focus on specific sections, and keep your polishing as focused as possible to avoid overlapping into areas already completed. Also, the customer service rep at Monster was very attentive and mentioned that the cleansing ingredients may separate over time... so be sure to vigorously shake the solution before applying it to the cleaning cloth. That may or may not help. But honestly, I thought I was going to have a heart attack at the possibility of a $20 cleaner destroying my $2000 TV... And the worst part is, it really didn't even need to be cleaned in the first place.



However in all fairness to Monster, aside from the difficulty in removing the streaks, my screen now looks crisp and clean. I haven't yet found or tried another product. But I can tell you this, my screen will have to get pretty dirty before I attempt to clean it using this method again.

Hands down, the best display cleaner I have found! We use it as needed on our 46" LCD TV, a 20" LCD TV, our iMac, and a pair of laptops, and have found that a little goes a very long way - we've been using it for a few months and it seems that we've hardly dented the volume. The microfiber cloth is durable and incredibly effective as well, and can be easily cleaned. Finally, the best part is that dust seems less attracted to our displays after using this. Love it!

I bought this product planning to use it to clean my SXRD rear projection TV. Upon opening the package I found a yellow notice that states:



"To avoid potential damage to the products you plan to clean, please consult your product owner's manual(s) first regarding display care and cleaning procedures and recommendations prior to using this product.



If the product to be clean stipulates 'soap and water' cleaning only or recommends that no cleaners be used on your product, do not use this cleaner as a cleaning method. You may return your purchase to authorized Monster dealer, if necessary."



Just to safe, I checked the owners manual for my TV and sure enough, it stated use mild soap and water only. This product has been repacked to be returned. It would have been nice if this notice was on the back of the package rather than stuck inside of it. - Monitor Cleaner - Flat Screen - Lcd - Cleaner'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Flat Screen - flat screen, cleaner monitor cleaner Flat Screen - flat screen, cleaner