Sunday 22 February 2009

Sharpie Highlighter - sharpie, orange


I have found it difficult to find "orange only" highlighters, so I was pleased to find this offering (I use orange frequently). the highlighter line is just wide enough for a single line of text (some highlighters have a broader swath, which is difficult to limit to one line). I have been quite pleased with this purchase. Sharpie Accent Liquid Pen-Style Highlighters, 12 Fluorescent Orange Highlighters(24406)

I've just discovered why these highlighters are better than every other one I've ever use! Regular markers start out ultra strong, but they quickly start going downhill (fading) as the ink is consumed, often the first day you really use them. If you let them sit for a while, they start up bright again, but almost immediately fade back down (leaving inconsistent brightnesses in your highlightings!)



However, these highlighters have a reservoir of liquid ink. As long as there is ink, brightness is constant. It's just as bright with 1% ink left as at 100%. And you get a very good idea of when the highlighter will start quitting.



To me, that consistency is the best reason to switch over to liquid ink highlighters. I thought they were a gimmick, but now I am sold!



I like the orange, it really stands out on a page.



I just made three copies of a page with some orange highlighting:

1) B&W copy, standard settings, there was barely any hint on the copy of what had been highlighted in the original, you would miss it if you didn't look hard. This could be good or bad depending on your particular purposes.

2) B&W copy at boosted darkness settings. You could definitely tell where the original had been highlighted, and you could read it clearly.

3) Color copy, standard settings. You could definitely tell where the original had been highlighted, but there was very little (orange) color in the highlighted copy. You could read the text clearly.



Don't listen to those reviewers that say these are a gimmick, or that they have nothing much to offer. These are AWESOME!

I like orange highlighters because they don't fade to nothing like yellow ones, but don't overwhelm text like red or blue ones. I have used the Bic orange highlighters and like them, but I think these Sharpie Accent ones are a little smoother and seem to last longer. The caps are very secure on these highlighters, almost too tight, but they assure they don't dry out. I will definitely order these highlighters again.

And, if you happen to leave the cap off, the tip dries out quickly and it is very difficult to get it wet again.



Still, I would choose a liquid highlighter over the old felt tips any day of the week, because you know how much ink you have left.

I love the color quality and smoothness of this highlighter. This, along with pentel's 24/7 orange highlighter, are the only highlighters I will use. My only complaint is that it doesn't last very long. It's also a little pricey compared to regular highlighters but the color quality makes it definitely worth it! - Graduate School - Highlighter - Orange - Sharpie'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Sharpie Highlighter - sharpie, orange orange Sharpie Highlighter - sharpie, orange