Wednesday 24 December 2008

Shelf Great Omnimount Componet - shelf great omnimount componet, wall mount


I purchased this item because it was sleek looking and matched the tv bracket that would be hanging above it.

Unfortunately, it is not as pictured. If you look at the picture, it appears as if the shelf part (glass) goes just about to the wall. However, when I opened the box and assembled it, I was quite disappointed to find that there was about 8 inches of space between the shelf bracket and where the shelf mounts to it. This made the shelf stick out away from the wall far too much (for my tight area) and therefore, I couldn't use it.

I didn't return it as it is really heavy and didn't want to deal with it. Besides, I didn't want to pay to ship something that heavy so I just kept it.

I can't believe the picture is so different from the actual item! Just so you know, I had my contractor assemble it in a newly constructed room, so it's not just the opinion of a girl who doesn't know how to assemble a simple shelf.

If projection isn't a concern, then this is otherwise a very nice looking and heavy duty unit.

You have to consider, though, if you are mounting a flat panel tv (as I was), you really don't want a shelf sticking out from underneath it by 8 inches more than what you were expecting. Component Shelf

I surveyed the three glass shelves visible on Amazon, this one, the Vantage Point AXWG-01B, and the OmniMount ECSB. All are $30-40, all are rated for about 30 lbs, all are a bit over a foot square.



I picked this for the wider placement of the screws, which should lead to greater strength, the less obtrusive silver color, and the flexibility of the swiveling mount.



One drives four massive screws into the wall, hopefully into the stud, and assembly is trivial. Maybe 30 lbs is close to the limit if placed way out on the tip, but I'd be comfortable putting 100 lbs in the middle of the shelf.



Looks fine. I'm pleased.

We bought 4 of these to hang our speakers on. The speakers are several years old and are larger and heavier than the newer ones. The shelves are very heavy duty and were easy to hang up, easier with 2 people! They should definitely be attached to a stud as they are fairly heavy and I would not trust them with just wall anchors. They do the trick and look nice as well. Definitely recommend this product.

We were looking for a component shelf for our satellite and DVD player that would be child-proof for our 1 year old son. We mounted this up above and to the side of the wall mounted TV, it looks great and we don't have to worry about our son playing with the cords.

very attractive set, but not for the smaller sized rooms. these are bigger than they look in the picture. even reading the measurements, after getting them in the house, they are just huge. i have 3 that i honestly dont want , havnt used, and amazon wont refund me for ( will let them go at a discount). if you have a larger sized living room, these are gorgeous and would do more than justice to spice it up. just know what youre buying. - Home Theater Wall Mount - Home Theater Component Shelf - Shelf Great Omnimount Componet - Wall Mount'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Shelf Great Omnimount Componet - shelf great omnimount componet, wall mount shelf great omnimount componet Shelf Great Omnimount Componet - shelf great omnimount componet, wall mount