Wednesday 24 December 2008

Ink Bottles - fountain pen, fountain pen ink


I'm a recent addition to the small community of fountain pen users and I didn't want to spend lots of money on the spare cartridges that they sell at the stores, so I ordered this ink well. It's great because it's short enough that I can access all the ink in the bottle. The one downside is that it bleeds through the paper slightly more than the other ink I got. THis is only a problem if I apply too much ink to one spot on the paper. If just writing and not going over the same spot twice, there are no problems with this ink. If I knew anyone who had a fountain pen, I would recommend this ink to them. Sheaffer Ink 2 Ounces-Skrip/Black

I'm not very thrilled with this ink. The color is a nice deep black. But it is somewhat thick; it works fine with a medium point, but it skips with a fine point. It's also jammed up two different pens, requiring cleaning out a clot. So, for medium points, this looks very nice. For fine points, I suggest looking elsewhere.

On a certain level ink is ink - how much more can you say about it? There certainly are questions of durability, strength, permanence (also known as washability), and the tendency to bleed through a typical sheet of paper. On those counts Sheaffer Skrip is outstanding, especially in terms of durability and strength. What I particularly like about Sheaffer's Skrip over Parker's Quink is that Skrip is less likely to bleed through a sheet of paper to show on the other side. As far as washability/permanence goes, both brands can be got out by pre-treating with Simple Green or hairspray (or both). Loyalty reasons aside Skrip works fine in my Parker, Sheaffer, Eversharp, and Esterbrook fountain pens just fine and I've come to enjoy it over Quink. More importantly Skrip is available in a far wider variety of colors than Quink, including turquoise, purple, and brown, not to mention green, which has been discontinued by Parker.

Hi All,



My 12 year old son has just discovered fountain pens and thus this became something that was needed. I always thought that fountain pens came with little ink cartridges...but I was mistaken. It would seem the fountain pen has lost its charm. My son received a few as gifts from my mother who was visiting from India...they don't take refills. There began the search for INK...and of course, I ended up at Amazon. Ink is pricey and considering that you do not have to use a whole lot to fill a pen will last for ever.



This ink dries quickly and does not smudge...even on plain old copy paper and or notebook paper.



Excellent quality. I do have one GRIPE - AMAZON used a HUGE box for this little bottle..means a lot of extra carboard for no reason. The product still gets a 5/5...but I wanted to voice out my cardboard opinion.

The ink seems to be watery and doesn't flow right in the pen. Also, it say's it's 2 ounces, when in fact, it's only 1.62 ounces. Isn't that called false advertising? Also, can't find a well inside the bottle for filling a pen. A lot of over dipping going on with this bottle. And again, what's up with the 19% less ink. Don't they owe me money back? - Black Ink - Ink Bottle - Fountain Pen Ink - Fountain Pen'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Ink Bottles - fountain pen, fountain pen ink ink bottle Ink Bottles - fountain pen, fountain pen ink