Wednesday 10 December 2008

Folding Grill - grill, barbecue


Around $20? are you kidding me?

This grill is perfect and the surface area is exactly what I needed.



I had one of those 12 inch diameter portables and always lamented that I couldn't cook enough at one time.



So I wanted to find one with a nice surface area.

This has 266 sq inches of it for around $20.

Works great and I notice the weber portable for twice as much has only 165 sq inches.



Do yourself a favor, but this baby that folds down like a laptop when you are done.



Also, buy a weber chimney starter, you won't believe how hot your your coals get in no time and with no need for lighter fluid and how much faster food cooks on this grill...(you did take my advice and purchased it, didn't you?)



Totally recommended stove, perfect for camping. Bayou Classic Fold and Go Portable Grill

This grill is the most portable grill that I can find. At the same time, it provides enough cooking space to easily cook a dozen hamburgers at once. However, the portability of this product forces you to clean the grill after each use. A quick solution would be adding foil to the bottom of the grill to catch the ashes and other foodstuffs that may slide downwards.

We have been going to the ny jets football games for over 30 years. The problem since I don`t care for trucks or suvs is space in my honda accord trunk. Well I don`t have that problem any more. With the Bayou it folds up and fits easily. But besides that you can use match light charcoal so in a matter of minutes the food is already cooking. No propane to buy and carry around. When we are finished just clean up and put back in the trunk. I would recomend this grill to anyone who has limited trunk space and loves to tailgate. PS it is cheaper then all the other grills at this size.

I hate to write glowing reviews but this little grill definitely gets one. I love the size and portability of it. You fold it up and throw it in a bag and your done. It might take longer to pour the charcoal then to get this grill setup.



I have a few small hang-ups that prevent me from giving it 5 stars. The first is not having some sort of lid to go with it (but that would probably take away from it's small size). The second is that I don't think the paint will stand the test of time and will probably rust a bit on you.



Otherwise a great portable grill for tailgating or grilling in the park.

I originally bought a portable propane grill but found it took up too much space and sold it on craigslist after using a friend's portable Weber grill at a recent tailgate. I was about to buy one of those until I came across the Bayou grill.



Gotta love the portability and design. You can't find a grill that takes up less space in the trunk and has the same ample cooking area. It even comes with a nice bag to store it in. Unlike the other "portable" grills, I can keep this in my trunk all the time. On those factors alone, I would give it 5 stars.



While its reasonably well-made (this isn't the $10 grill from the local drugstore)..it isn't the quality of say, a Weber portable grill. That being said, it has a larger cooking area and takes less space in the trunk. However, its not a grill that I would leave outdoors between use.



For an occasional tailgater, like myself, it works perfectly (or for someone who doesn't expect it to last more than a a season of heavy use). I did hesitate on buying this because it didn't have a cover, but again the trade-off was trunk space ;)



Because the price seems to keep going up, I've only given it 4 stars given its getting close to the price where one might expect a little more in terms of quality. I wish I'd bought a second one as a spare early on.

I love this grill and would recommend it when space is an issue. I've used it for two tailgating seasons and it's holding up better than I would have imagined. At [...] bucks, how could you go wrong? You could buy a new one every season for a lot less than the meat you put on it. Cooking is adequate for an open top charcoal grill, grilling surface area is pretty large considering and construction quality is decent. Design is great. The grill is reasonably stable after being assembled. I would recommend having some paper towels for cleanup in case any grease has run down the side of the grill. Setup and packing is easy. Only negative is the sides tend to warp a little after several uses due to the metal being exposed to the hot coals. It may require a little bending back into shape after multiple uses, but this is not really a big deal as you'll see how a little flex inward will keep the upper grill tightly placed as it's the key to overall stability. When you consider how this grill folds up to a few inches thick, a minor quirk is ok with me. The bag is good quality and keeps any ashes remaining sealed away during transport. For tailgating, I can't think of something better when space is a concern. If you have room for a half drum smoker, go for it, but if you're in a small suv or car with some friends, this is the way to go. Five stars for price vs. value.

Heavy metal case and the fold down capability is great for portability. We've bought this grill to cook on the beach and it does a great job, I never did like the built in bbqs.



The only downside is I've managed to bend the metal in multiple places, the paint is starting to come off and there is some rust. This grill went through heavy use,almost every weekend from May 2009 to September 2009.

pros: compact, does the job, just awesome, $$$

cons: can't think of any



bought this product 2 years ago and still works great. it's compact and is awesome. only this is i wish there was some sort of cover but otherwise just fold up some tin foil and your set.



this thing comes camping with me all the time, i've even used it at my house if i want that charcoal grill taste. - Grill - Charcoal - Barbecue - Portable Grill'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Folding Grill - grill, barbecue portable grill Folding Grill - grill, barbecue