Wednesday 10 December 2008

Digital Slr - balance, digital slr


I have had this shoulder strap for one week. I love a shoulder strap so much better than a neck strap. Its so much more comfortable. The only problem with this shoulder strap is the clip that attaches to the camera is chinsey. it broke while I stood in my driveway and my camera (d700) and the brand new lens (Nikon 24-70mm 2.8) went crashing to the concrete. Luckily, it landed on the edge of the lens protection filter, which was the only thing that broke. I immediately bought some new hardware to repair the broken part. I was very disappointed that for how much this strap costs that they didn't use better hardware. THE CLIP IN THE PICTURE IS NOT WHAT I GOT. Quick Neck Shoulder Strap for Canon Nikon Sony Camera

I did not get the item pictured in the listing with the heavy duty hardware. I got the cheapo clip. Even after reading bad review, then good review claiming they got the right hardware. I'm not certain ANYONE got the hardware listed in the image.

I have 7 lbs of cam and lens to lug, and thought this would be great, but I am not willing to chance the cheap clip.

Soooo... thru several emails, I have been getting the run around from the seller, promising to send an overnight replacement, with return label... I am still waiting. After contacting seller again and again, I FINALLY get a reply with the sad story of health problems, and another promise of next day shipping of replacement. I have requested tracking info. with no reply. Holding my breath now....

I have since purchased my own clip so I could use the darned thing.

So what is positive? The tripod plate is nice and heavy duty. That's it.

The first time I tried to secure the "locking" strap it snapped and broke. So the shoulder pad slides all over, up and down.

But other than all that, great $12 product for $50.

I would not buy from this seller again.

I was a little concerned about getting this strap because of the review and picture of the broken clip. It appears that they are now shipping this strap with a different style clip (see my picture). The clip is very sturdy, I cannot imagine it breaking under normal use. It is visibly different than the image posted by a different user with a broken clip.



I have a Canon 5D Mark II with a 24-105, 16-36, 100, and 70-300 lenses. I found the OEM neck strap made it uncomfortable to walk around with the camera around my neck and maneuver it to take pictures with any of these lenses. This strap fixes that, walking around with a bulky lens and a large SLR is now comfortable.



There is one other feature that I like about this strap. The bracket that attaches to the camera at the bottom using the universal screw mount has an additional hole. This allows a tripod bracket to remain attacked to the camera with the strap so it is easy to maneuver off an on a tripod without disconnecting all of the hardware associated with this camera strap.

This review will be very short as there isn't that much to say other than this product does its job as it is suppose to (very well) and is very comfortable. As others have stated it does come with an "upgraded" clip and if you would like to use your own that is "stronger" or "quicker" doing so is quite easy.



My main reason to write this review though was to help others save a significant amount of money. The same exact strap sells for between $18-$25 USD on eBay with a quick "Quick Neck Shoulder Strap" search. A+ for the product but a F for amazons price.

It's about time someone made a camera strap with a solid, sturdy clip for easy camera removal. I prefer to keep my strap cross-body, under my jacket. This makes for ease of use yet allows the camera and strap to be less visible when just walking around.



What I like best about this strap is that the carabiner clip is attached to metal hardware that still allows free movement of the camera up and down the camera strap. This way the strap can remain on your shoulder without sliding back and forth and up and down while you lift your camera to take photos.



The reason I purchased this was so I could comfortably carry my camera (Canon 450D with battery grip) while also having the ability to easily remove it and put it in a bag without removing the camera strap from under my jacket. This way I could, for example, enter a pub and immediately put the camera in my camera bag in one movement, in which it worked wonderfully.



The reason I gave it 4 of 5 stars is because the shoulder pad is sewn into the strap and I wish it was removable, which made for slightly more careful adjustment, not exactly more difficult, just more intricate (if that makes sense).



Unfortunately I lost the strap at a restaurant while visiting Ireland. For some reason or another I removed it while taking off my jacket, then didn't notice when I went to leave. I loved it for $35 but am not sure if I would love it for $70, which would be the sequential cost if I chose to replace it, hence it 4/5 stars. I would love to add better photos if I still had the merchandise. I will try to add some photos of the attachment plate with a carabiner clip to get an idea of the hardware.

I never owned a longer strap before, but since installing it to my camera, the freedom of movement I've experienced is awesome. However, the bracket which attaches to the bottom of the camera needs a design change to allow a tripod bracket to be more securely installed. I found myself removing the strap bracket to install the tripod bracket. What a pain! If this doesn't bother you, the product as a whole will work...

I recently went on vacation and used the strap all the time. I did not take any carrying cases to place my Rebel Cannon TI1.



It allowed me the freedom and access to take get my camera.



I would highly recommend this product. - Neckstrap - Balance - Blackrapid - Digital Slr'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Digital Slr - balance, digital slr blackrapid Digital Slr - balance, digital slr