Sunday 5 October 2008

Conditioning - conditioning, exercise


The only complaint possible is the straps won't go tight enough for an exceptionally skinny person. But other than that it's great very comfortable no pressure points. It really molds well to your body and doesn't move around much at all. I've been using it running, for doing pull ups and push ups, along with while playing basketball to help with my jump and balance. Couldn't be more pleased with it. Well worth the price, none of the other vests compare. TKO 244WV Adjustable 40-Pound Weighted Vest

I bought this so when I train I would have the extra pounds on. This vest works great and the price is great too. The adjustable weights make it great for anyone to use. The fit is tight and is great to run in.

This is a great vest, it fits very snug! The only complaint that I have is when I bend over to stretch my legs, the vest tends to come out of the straps. This could be fixed with a little more Velcro on the straps. As I am a thin man, the straps are tightened so much the strap Velcro ends up towards the right side of my body, this leaves the left side open to this problem. Other than that, which can be simply fixed this vest is great, quality is good, tight fitting, adjustable and reasonably priced.

There are many on the market, but very few are full upper body vests nor do they have the big velcro straps across the front. The velcro straps help remind you to use perfect body mechanics when working out (so ya don't blow your back out), offer great support and adjust to any size. A very secure vest, once it is in place it is not going anywhere. I use mine with my hour long cardio training, personal training sessions and workout videos. Not for a beginner, but an excellent investment for someone looking for alternatives for plateau busters.

I have tried a lot of weighted vests in my time but the TKO 20lbs or 40lbs is supperior than the others for these reasons:1. Form Fitting: It doesn't move or jostle while exercising thus helping the body keep the extra weight centered. 2. It's cushion and soft structure allows it more versitility than weight vests with bars or metal weights.3. It has the best mobility. You could do light grappling or stand-up striking with this vest.4. You can make the vest lighter or heavier depending on your preference.5. Velcro-Straps and no plastic clips that can break.No vest is better.*Get the two velcro-strapped vests it fits better.*

I am very pleased with this weight vest. I was a little concerned because it wasn't clear from the description, reviews or packaging whether or not this vest was suitable for a female. But I gave it a chance and am glad I did. I am a size 10 female and it fits comfortably. I like the velcro straps that allow for controlling the fit.. from loose to snug. I also like that the weights are "solid" and not small sand bags. My last vest started to come apart over time and those little sand granules get everywhere and can cause problems with your workout equipment (like my treadmill!) before you even realize it's happening. Anyway, this vest is a very nice quality and the weight is evenly distributed. For the first day or two there was a noticeable "chemical" smell from the material but it quickly went away. I would have given the vest 5 stars but docked it one star for the following reasons: (1) I wish there was a little more padding in the shoulders; (2) A little of the color transferred to one section of my white tee shirt (and didn't come out in the wash!) and; (3) There was a small mix-up with the tracking number and communication by the seller was "good" but not "great". None of these issues are major in my opinion and I would definitely recommend this vest! It's a nice quality and good value.

I wanted a weight vest to help me in my Insanity workouts. I've completed INSANITY: 60-Day Total Body Conditioning Workout DVD Program and INSANITY: The ASYLUM - 30 Day Sports Training Workout DVD Program, and loved both of those programs. Don't get the wrong idea, without a weighted vest, those programs still kill me. But I thought that if I could do it with a weighted vest on, then when I take the vest off, my performance should improve! Anyway, fallacy or not, I bought the vest, and going back to do Insanity with the vest has been a lesson in humility. WHen I started working out in February of this year (2011), I weighed 40 lbs more than I do now (thanks to Insanity and Weight Watchers). Adding 20 lbs of that back onto my back amazed me. How did I do this before? 20 lbs is a lot of weight. Anyway, it works great until you have to do moves on your wrists like Bronco's--the jacket wasn't meant to be worn while you are upside down. The straps are not made to secure it in that fashion. I'm planning on adding some extra straps to go around my legs or soemthign to try to secure it some more. For plain running, it is great. It fits snugly for me and I"m pleased with it. I'm thinking of trading up wards to the 40 lb vest.

Alot of weight vest do not fit well. Some of them hang loose on the sides but TKO made this with quality in mind and fitting.



You look like you are wearing a bullet proof vest instead of a flabby weight vest flapping side by side when you run of do pull ups.

I recommend buying this weight vest only, don't risk your money buying any other vest that might not fit you very well.



I am a Fit Build 5'9 about 170 lbs. I use this for Pull ups, push ups, and running.

Got this one a couple weeks ago from Amazon. Not much in terms of packaging or manuals, but hey it's a vest.



The fit and finish feels really well made I can tell this is going to last a long time. I was worried I would want more weight, but 20lbs seems just about right. My advice for people using this for jogging or sprinting etc. is to warm up plenty and don't feel you need to use the vest the entire workout. The added weight adds pressure on your knees so they may need some time to build up to the weight.



Overall I am very happy with it and look forward to using it. I feel like the terminator with it on. - Conditioning - Weight Vests - Exercise - 40 Lb Weight Vest'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Conditioning - conditioning, exercise conditioning Conditioning - conditioning, exercise