Sunday 5 October 2008

240hz - hdtv, 240hz


Go this TV two weeks ago and so far it has been working great. Replaced a 57" DLP and the picture looks amazing, deeper blacks and crisper picture (although not as bright but that was expected). Wall mounted it on a swivel mount so we could see it in the kitchen but since the viewing angle is so great we haven't really had to turn at all. I also have a two year old 42" Panasonic Plasma(85U) which is an excellent TV but this one is leaps and bound better surprisingly. Did some 3D watching and gaming over the weekend and amazed at how good it looked, now I just need to get 2 more glasses. Even the 2D-3D conversion works well on some shows, adds a little depth but not much. The VieraCast is alright, I have a HTPC hooked up already so I have only used it to see what it is like. The only one I might use is the weather app but it takes forever to update so it is kind of pointless. Overall it is a beautiful TV and I would recommend it as a great bang for the buck in the Panasonic line up. Panasonic VIERA TC-P60ST30 60-Inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV

[[ASIN:B004MME774 Panasonic VIERA TC-P60ST30 60-Inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV]



Normally I would not give out any reviews but after seeing the clarity of this TV, I could not resist to spread the word. Bought this TV after reading through various A/V forums and reviews. It is the best TV for the dollar amount. Nothing else comes close. Just follow through the calibration steps mentioned by one of the reviewer and this TV will become your neighbors/friends envy! Though I did not care about 3D capability, it was simply spectacular.



-Ebjoy

Panasonic plasma t.v.'s ROCK. Nobody comes close in plasma. This is the 2nd I have bought in a year. I put this in the media room for size reasons and could not be happier. Everything from shipping to set up was a breeze. The shipping co. even brought it up stairs and took it out of the box. Have not used 3D yet but everything else performs great. Perfect picture and love viera cast. Remember if buying plasma there is no substitute for PANASONIC.

I originally was gravitated towards LEDs, purchased a Sharp 60" LED since it was the only 60" LED in the market early this summer, but was not convinced with the pictures and although it was 240HZ, there was frequent blur. I then tried a 55" Samsung LED (mid range), and again same problems. I returned both, thanks to great retailer with a great return policy. I came to the conclusion that LED TVs are only good if you get the high end ones which would be double the plasma prices ($2700+). So, I decided to just go back to Plasma since I owned a 42" panasonic plasma and pictures were great and looked real. I was deciding between Panasonic, Samsung, and LG plasmas and was monitoring prices. I then heard that Panasonic had the best video processor and always rated higher than the others, so found a great deal and never looked back. I like that it's 3D ready. Now waiting for the prices of the 3D glasses to come down, not in a rush to get these. Speakers are fine, you can live with them, but I'm looking for other options, to provide a better experience.

I'm trying to figure out good settings for a bright room, so if anyone knows good/optimal settings for a bright room, please let me know.

So in purchasing this tv I originally had some problem with what I thought was the panel and flickering and pixels along edges and outlines of objects and people. I am changing my review to 5 stars from 3 stars to update what has transpired since the purchase.



Even with standard definition cable the image is good. Not like HD or blu-ray, but a nice image. The problem I encountered from changing from my older panasonic viera to this one was since it is HD, it noticed the lower signal strength of the cable coming into the house that the 480p screen did not really pick up.



I'm still not sure why a standard DVD player shows such a bad signal, but the Oppo 93 I just purchased was great.



I hooked up a new Oppo 93, and I have to say the picture is amazing! So rating has been changed to reflect this. Others that have the same problem, check your cable signal strength as a possible source. This screen will pick up any problem.



I guess the one thing I will say is the option that the tv has to solve this problem did not work for me, so maybe the signal strength to bad for the tv to solve internally in custom mode.











Old Review - can be disregarded. Just left to show change from 3 start to 5 star.



I purchased my 60 inch ST30 for a steal of a deal after I promised myself I would wait for a while to see how these new models were performing.



No green blob, no fluctuating brighness, none of the other concerns that people have been observing and reporting. I felt really lucky. I performed the panel prep as some sites recommend and used the calibration settings specified for custom mode.



My set is hooked up to a HD cable box, standard DVD player and a Denon AVR 891 receiver by HDMI cables, and component for the DVD.



When watching cable and movies, the outlines of objects (stationary and slow moving) have a very pixelated look to them that have a variety of colours and make the image look out of focus... Almost like the outline is flickering. So unlike a lot of reviewers I can't be happy with the PQ even when Im not being picky about a product I spent so much money on at a good price... It is not the problem some sets have for flickering with fast moving objects as my son and I were watching Barney and he was standing still at the time!



My other complaint is the hours that Panasonic Concierge service has in Canada for customer support. It is only 9 to 4:30 EST, monday - Thurs so if I'm on the west coast, as I am, I would have to leave work at 1:30 just to call when the office closes!!!! To me that is not customer support as most people watch their tvs in the evening, and can't take time off work to deal with a problem during the day!!!!! No other option besides doing that!!!!!



I will be filing a remedy ticket with Panasonic to see about fixing the problem and will edit this post if the problem is solved. - 240hz - Hdtv'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


240hz - hdtv, 240hz 240hz 240hz - hdtv, 240hz