Sunday 5 October 2008

Childrens Games - family game, card game


I first saw Cookin' Cookies at a homeschool game day attended by ages 1-6. The kids could not get enough of this game! It's a hoot. And now I'm buying one for our family. Fast-paced, fun, no reading required, practices matching skills and following directions, easy for little ones to play but older ones like it too (even adults!). The way it was played was that each child was given a recipe card and a plastic spoon with a suction cup on the end. Cookie cards were put face down in the center of the table and they used the spoons to smack each card (which then stuck to the suction cup) and they looked underneath to see if it was an ingredient from their recipe card. If it's a rotten egg, they had to put back all of the ingredients they'd collected. The first to finish his or her recipe was the winner. But the kids really didn't care who won. They just loved the suction spoons and picking up the cookie cards. Lunch Box Games - Cookin' Cookies Game

I purchased this game with the expectation that it would be fun for my 4 1/2 year old nephew to play when visiting. It has surpassed my expectations, as it has proved to be quite popular with a wide age range of kids. The adults even enjoy playing it with the kids (for a while) and we've had groups of kids playing it together ranging in age from 2 to 6 years old, and 2, 3, and 4 year-olds with an adult as well. It's great, b/c the little ones can participate without disrupting the game for the older ones. They LOVE it! It is simple to understand, as there is no reading required - just match the ingredients to the recipe card and the first person to get all of the ingredients for their cookie wins. It's entertainig enough to keep the older kids occupied and playing over and over, and the kids can play on their own with little adult participation necessary. Highly recommended, especially if you're looking for something that 3-and 4-year olds can play with kids a few years older.

I bought this for my son (6) for his birthday, and we played it with his two younger brothers age 4 & 2 1/2, and it's now my new favorite game. Everyone could play it, it was fast moving (I didn't want to poke my eyes out due to boredom!). I would definitely recommend this game if you're sick of boring kids games that last forever!

I bought this game for my son, 4 1/2. He loves cookies, and he loves this game. The rules are simple and easy to explain. My son played this with his grandparents and his cousins, 5 and 8-years-old, and everyone had a good time. The rotten eggs make the game interesting even for the adults.

I bought this toy for my grandaughters and they loved it. They laughed and laughed as they were smacking the spoon down on the ingredients. My daughter-in-law is a speech teacher and took it to school. Her kids had so much fun and she was impressed to see it captured their attention for quite some time.



The packaging is great too because the game comes in a little lunchbox type tin. Very cool.

This is a great game idea. My 6 yr old & 4 yr old played it together & loved it -- easy for them to play together & not boring for the 6 yr old (she does play with her 4 yr old a lot). It's fast paced, and who doesn't enjoy whacking things at that age?? The price is great if you're looking to give a fun gift at an affordable price, BUT. Yes, the BUT... The device that keeps the suction cup you see on the end (bottom) of the spoon is a small metal pin. Within three playings of this game, two spoons are not usable since plastic that held the pin in place cracked & the pin fell out. (the suction cup nub goes into a cup shaped area & the pin goes thru the plastic, thru the nub, and back out thru the other side of the plastic). The poor design is suprising since these spoons were meant to be whacked on the table by toddlers who can't possibly regulate the strength needed-- the obviously use every ounce of strength to stick the suction cup to the card. Not sure why they didn't opt to glue the suction cup or some other way that would not break immediatly. This is the only draw back, and a major one, to this game. Buy at your own risk is my recommendation.

This is a wonderful game! All of the kids I have used this with have absolutely loved it- ages 3-7. Only thing is, with regular use the suction cups on the spoons tend to break off so just teach the kids to use them gently. I've used it both in a structured teaching setting and just for fun.

My son just LOVES this game! He plays it at speech therapy and is so obsessed with it, that we had to buy it for home too! The plastic spoons have broken a few times, so you have to be careful with them, but that would not deter me from recommending this game. Very cute idea and lots of fun.

Love this game but the spoons do not hold up. After the 2nd game one spoon broke at the neck and the suction cup fell off another spoon. I was thinking we could play without the spoons but that took away the fun of the game of smacking the ingredient cards. I'm hoping my hot glue gun will repair the spoons. Also their is a tiny pin that holds the suction cup to the spoon which is very dangerous once the suction cup falls off. I also don't like the box tin. The game tin from another Fundex card game had a pin that held the hinge together. Shortly after opening and closing the tin the pin protruded out of the hinge.



*UPDATE 5/16/2011* I was surprised to find a package from Fundex which contained 4 replacement spoons. I emailed them about the same time I submitted this review. Great service from fundexgames.com even though I did not get an email response from Fundex stating they were replacing the spoons. - Card Game - Preschool Game - Kids Game - Family Game'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Childrens Games - family game, card game kids game Childrens Games - family game, card game