Monday 29 September 2008

Y Cable


The other reviewer must be mixed up somehow; this is just a regular stereo splitter cable, all black, molded construction. Couldn't find one at walmart or circuit city so I have to pay more in shipping than for the cable itself, but that's life. 6-in Stereo 3.5mm (1/8") Y-Splitter, 1 Male to 2 Female

I'm not an expert on this, so correct me if i'm wrong.



I order this product as a headphone splitter. I was a little stunned upon receival when i noticed the red and white females, since red and white is usually associated with RCA cables.



I could not manage to fit an RCA cable into the product but could fit a pair of standard 3.5 mm earbuds so I figured it was just a wrongly coloured headphone splitter. I was wrong. When I attach the product to my computer and plug my earbuds into it, I can only hear music in my right ear when they were plugged into the red and left ear when they were plugged into the white.



How strange. This product seems like a mix between a '3.5mm to RCA' and a headphone splitter. I will be returning this product.

I got this so I could plug to sets of headphones into an iPad while flying. It works as one would expect for this with one major limitation: the plug fittings (at both ends) are very wide. With the tight fit of the headphone jack on most apple portable products the thickness of the male plug in will cause problems. It cannot clear the case on an iPad and lifts an Air off the table. For an application with more space this would be a perfect product; however, for tight fits I'd look else where.

I ordered this item and I think they sent me something else. The two female ends of the splitter I received are red and white to indicate left and right (like RCA cables). When I plug headphones into the red one, it only plays sound in the right speaker. When I plug them into the white one, it only plays in the left speaker. I'm not sure how this item can be useful to anyone. I'll have to purchase again from someone else and hope I get what I need.

This picture is not what the product really is. It says that it is a headphone splitter but it really is a audio to RCA convertor. You use this to hook up a Ipod or music player to those two red and white audio plugs. The product that they send you is not even black its red and white. And when you try to use the plug music only comes out of one side of the headphone. And I tried it with 3 new headphones. DO NOT BUY.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Y Cable Y Cable Y Cable