Monday 29 September 2008

Ear Buds - ear buds, headphones


I'm always a little leery of buying in-ear headphones, even the expensive ones from the likes of Shure. I tend to like more bass than what most standard headphone buds provide and if you are like me, you will be very pleased with the Bose in-ear phones. First, they are extremely comfortable. Much like the Shures, Bose includes 3 sizes of silicone plugs that allow you to change the sizes for the best fit. There's a very small piece that slides into your ear canal, but for the most part, they sit in the bowl of your ear with just the small piece directing music down the canal. Bass again, is very good (not as good as their around the ear headphones which I also own) but they are definitely more than adequate for my needs - bass can definitely be heard. There's a little bit of sacrifice on the treble end, but treble is still colorful. These do not fit like the Shures fit -- where the Shures are almost naturally noise-cancelling due to how they fit down your ear canal, these do not block out outside noise. I work in a relatively quiet environment and so if you don't mind listening to your music/audio with low humming of outside voices in the background, these aren't bad. If you're going to spend this much on a pair of ear buds and want the noise-cancellation, I'd recommend the Shures.



I use these with my iPhone 3GS and when a call is received, you can press the toggle switch on the headset wire to switch over to pick up the call and talk using the built in microphone. There's no need to remove the headphones from the 3.5mm jack in order to pick up the call. Conducting a test with a friend, the microphone sounded fine to the other party.



Summary:

Pros:

-- Good bass

-- Good execution of microphone

-- comes with case that fits iPhone

-- Comes with lanyard as well as a clip for positioning the headphone cable



Cons:

-- Treble a little muddy Bose Mobile In-Ear Headset

I have been looking for headphones to replace the mediocre, at best, that Apple suppled with the iPhone. Well I want to tell you that these have the best sound of the multiple sets I have either purchased and tested. Their full sound has a depth and richness that I had not experienced with any other headphones and they are extreemly compfortable. They function well with the iPhone in answering calls and utiilizing the new voice activation that the new iPhone 3Gs includes. They have the best sound and function that Bose has to offer!!



Although a little pricy, they were worth every penny I spent. I now enjoy listening to the iPod function of the iPhone. I recommend them to you; you will not be disappointed.

So, you just got your new iphone 3gs. Too bad the headphones that came with it are trash. What are you going to do? Well, you could get the Bose mobile headset or one of the Shure mobile headsets. I tried the dj beatz headphone which is very uncomfortable. Then, I decided I needed a mic and my options were narrowed down for me. These headphones have good bass but, not as good as beatz headphones though. However, it's a 100% more comfortable and the bass is good too. Believe me when I say I would have returned it with the quickness if the bass wasn't good. Very, very comfortable.

Two important factors you should consider about these ear buds:



1. The volume is "adequate". For the most part, I use these for my commute and ambient sounds (movements of the subway, loud talkers, passing cars, wind) easily can overpower these unless turned up to full volume. For this type of situation you may want to consider another model that involves more sound isolation because I find myself having to frequently adjust the volume when I am out in the street, etc. Also, some times I have to adjust the volume to almost maximum with these, where on other earbuds would only be set to half the level.



2. The white replaceable tips constantly fall off the earbuds and are easily lost. For the first week or two, they grip to the earbud fairly well, but after a few uses the white tips will fall off frequently. I have owned these for about 2 months and will probably have to buy a replacement pack soon. Every other person I know that owns these has the same problem.



If you do not mind these issues and spending extra cash for the brand name doesn't bother you, I would say they are worth purchasing. the sound is good although not to the quality of other Bose products. You could definitely find earbuds from other brands for half the price with similar (or better) sound quality and less problems with ambient noise. The cord is also little on the long side.

Ok, I've been wanting something EXACTLY like this to replace my In-Ear set. Mainly because I really don't care for the sound of the On-Ear, and they're just too big to be a "mobile" set. I have the Around-Ear as well and they're a great sounding pair of headphones. The premium for these over the regular in-ear is well worth it when you figure out what you're getting, a headset compatible with ALL iPhones, a pair of great sounding headphones with a built in mic and button just like the headset that comes with the iPhone, only 32424 times better! Way to go BOSE. Your iPhone will even fit in the leather case they give you.



Pros -

- Bassy, but not totally overpowering (Can be a con if you're not into bass)

- Good, but not great separation

- Great fit with the Large tips

- EXCELLENT warranty support from BOSE



- I had the older In-Ear (Not mobile) and it seems as though they've REDESIGNED/Reinforced the headset jack so that it's less susceptible to fraying! Thank you BOSE!



Cons -

- Although better than the original with the just black cord, the tips are still easy to lose if you don't keep them in a case or pocket. BOSE will send you a free set but you can still lose those too.



- Somewhat "Dim" sound, could use a bit more of a treble increase.

Fixable with an EQ, but not the crappy one that comes with the iPhone. You will get used to it and enjoy the sound, but they still have room for improvement here. Turning up the highs with an EQ makes these baby's sound 100X better.



- Price. They would be perfect if they we're just $30 cheaper. But to me they're worth the premium over others just based on BOSE customer service alone. Other headphone producers have horrible after-sale support, not BOSE. - Iphone - Headphones - Ear Buds - Earphones'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Ear Buds - ear buds, headphones earphones Ear Buds - ear buds, headphones