Monday 29 September 2008

Rechargeable Batteries - cordless trimmer, rechargeable batteries


Like the previous reviewer, I own several of Ryobi's 18v tools, and generally, I find them pretty solid. This thing, however, is not. It has terrible clearing power, and, fully charged, the battery lasted me 9 min. I returned it the day after I bought it. Bottom line, suck it up and buy a gas powered one. You'll be happier. Factory-Reconditioned Ryobi ZRP2102 ONE Plus 18V Cordless Li-ion Blower (Tool Only)

I own several Ryobi 18v cordless tools. This is one I wish I did not. The weed whip and all of the hand tools like the saws (never tried the chainsaw) and drills are great. Even with a full charge on a fairly new Lithium Ion pack, this blower is not worth the effort. I tried to use it on my deck and found that it is as time consuming as using a broom. For the money, there are better leaf blowers to be had. If a cordless electric blower is your only option, don't have high expectations.

Do not buy this to replace a gas blower--you'll be disappointed. The air is quick, but the volume is low.

HOWEVER, I keep this in the garage and love it. It keeps the garage clean and that helps keep the house clean.

I already have a Ryobi tool with battery/charger so the low price of this reconditioned "tool only" was a plus for me.It does what I need perfectly (sweep garage and patio, sidewalk etc.) and the battery last longer than I use it for.Its very compact and light also.

This blower is not as powerful as either a gas or electrically wired blower. It doesn't suck or have a bag attachment. Anyone surprised? However, it works just fine for blowing off the dirt, leaves, and pine needles that accumulate on my driveway and walkways; I just need to use it for five minutes or so (I don't keep it running the whole time...just when I'm directing debris away). I even use it to get the dirt off my garage floor. I use this tool a lot an am not disappointed.

This blower works great as a "blower-broom" but it is not like having a gas powered blower. The manual even says it is designed to work on smooth surfaces like a driveway or deck. It does not do well on gravel, flower beds, etc. It is essentially a blower-broom. The velocity of the air is good; just not a large volume of it. It is well built and easy to use. Batteries: you need the lithium ion battery with this blower as the NiCads do not have the capacity for doing a lot of work. I have both types of batteries. If you are looking for a light weight, light duty, blower for your walkway or garage, this is great, but don't buy it for your yard or flowerbeds.

People leaving the reviews on this product are seriously moronic. This blower works fine for what it is......a cordless tool. If you need a blower for under 10 minutes then it does the trick. If you have a huge yard or tons of leaves this is will not cut it.......but what did you expect from a cordless blower????? Mine came free with the weed whacker.

I've had one of these blowers for a year....and its difficult to find fault in it. Don't expect to clean your whole yard of leaves and debris....it won't work well. But if you want to blow dust and leaves out of a carport, get leaves off your patio, or clean around the door to your house, this is GREAT. Battery life averages less than 10 minutes but that is generally what you need for light jobs. I have three Lith-ion and two Ni-Cad battery s (and a plethora of Ryobi 18-volt tools) and I've had no problems getting the job done with this blower.

I bought this unit without any expectation that it would do more than most reviewers said and it didn't and that was fine because it does 2 extremely useful things for me. I should add that I already have other Ryobi one products so I have the charger and batteries which made this purchase a little easier. Anyway, the first thing it does is enable either myself or my wife to keep the front porch clean without having to get my gas unit out (which my wife doesn't really like to use), so the porch is always in top shape. The charge runs less than 10 minutes which is enough to do the porch and a little more. Second, when I cook on my Big Green Egg, I use the blower to fire up the charcoal after it is lit which significantly reduces the time it takes to get the egg to the temperature that I want. Overall, worth every cent, we use it every week and I am very happy with the product. - Rechargeable Batteries - Cordless Trimmer'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Rechargeable Batteries - cordless trimmer, rechargeable batteries rechargeable batteries Rechargeable Batteries - cordless trimmer, rechargeable batteries