Friday 5 September 2008

Great Value - suit, 3 pc suit


I need to preface this by saying that just a few weeks prior to buying my first suit from Darya, I had purchased a $1000 Ralph Lauren suit from Dillards on sale for $500. Then I discovered Darya Trading through a link on [...] and looked at their suits, but was very leery about buying a SUIT online. A million things could go wrong, right? But after going through all the suits listed, the WORST review I could find was a 4/5, so I decided to take the chance, thinking it might be worth the gamble on return shipping. I bought 2. When they arrived three days later, I was floored! They were GORGEOUS and fit like a glove! They're all made in Milan (my RL suit was made in China - seriously), they taper beautifully, the fabric is literally smooth as butter, and much of the finish work is done BY HAND!! - I can't say enough about them. Then I took them to my tailor for the trousers to be hemmed. He asked me how much I paid for them and his jaw literally dropped. "This is a G. Valentino suit! This is MADE IN ITALY! This suit would cost ME over $300, and I would have to sell it for $599! You paid HOW MUCH!?" Then he pointed out all the fine detail and hand-work on it, while he kept shaking his head in disbelief. Then he said sadly, "Someone is losing a lot of money on these. The economy is so bad, I'm sure someone is buying a warehouse full of them just to move them out."



Well long story short, I purchased the two and after they were tailored and worn, I couldn't stand it and bought two more. . . and I have my eye on TWO MORE! I own three Valentino (wool/silk) and one Luciano (wool/cashmere). After hemming all four pair of trousers, the tailor said the Valentino suits would EASILY equate to a Ralph Lauren, Hugo Boss or other New York Designer. But he said the Luciano was crafted so well being fully canvased with genuine horsehair and most of it was made by HAND, he said it was every bit as fine as a Georgio Armani and he could easily sell it in his shop for $1200. I've had the suits a few weeks now and have been hesitant to rate them here because I've been wanting to keep them a secret for my friends. But they're all buying them now too, so it's time for the secret to get out. Anyway, I'm completely sold. Here are four suits I can honestly say are worth MORE than every penny I paid. Darya, THANK YOU for some incredible bargains!! Gino Valentino Made in Italy Mens Suit 3 Button 2pc Canvas Front Jacket Italian Suit Australian Merino Wool / Silk 150s Black with Stripe (44 Long)

I was nervous buying this suit. I've owned it for a little over a year now and have been more pleased with it by far than any other suit I have owned in this price range.

Many pockets inside, quality hand craftsmanship with REAL buttons, not just sown on the outside of the suit like some in this price range.



Be aware it is Italian cut, so its a little tighter fit than American styled suits.



Will purchase another again.

* Delivery: Reasonable time, free shipping with purchase of two suits

* Packaging: Suits came folded on hangers in a simple cardboard box. Mine were free from damage.

* Fit: I am a size 37 jacket with a 31 waist so I ordered the size 38 suit. The pants fit remarkably well on my waist and will only need to be hemmed. The jacket also sits fairly well on me ( I am very slim; 5'7", 130 lbs with a toned build) but I'll have the basic alterations done to take it down to a 37ish fit, as I expected.

* Quality: The material on both my ($139,$169) suits seemed to be as good as that of my more expensive ($250) suits. Lining is as advertised. The feel is EXCELLENT. Smooth fabric, pleasant to the touch, with a slight silky feel and gloss. Perfect for me to work in the finance industry without going too far (a la European, Clooney/Ocean's 11 shiny suit crap).

* Other: As a first time buyer of suits online, I was impressed and would recommend to a friend. Let's wait to see what the seamstress says about the quality when I take it in.

I kind of want to rate it one star just to keep it a secret, but to be honest, it is by far the best suit I have ever owned. Great fit and amazing quality fabric. I want to buy five more, so I have one for each weekday and Sunday.

This suit is definitely not worth the inflated retail price (probably more like 350-500 bucks). However it is a good buy for $160.



Small nit- stitching on the pants in-lining on the waist could be made better- could be a problem with a few times dry-cleaning (coming undone). Overall a nice suit.

Definitely NOT worth the retail value, but about $100 quality. I have tried on many expensive suits and especialy if you own one, you will know it. You will right away know that this is not 100% Authentic. It doesn't come with the hologram price tag or anything says 100% authentic or you know what I am trying to say when you buy or see those expensive clothing.



Overall, not worth it. Seller is very kind and professional. I got my questions answered and refund promptly.

I happen to go to a lot of clubs/parties, and this suit is yet to fail me. The pinstripes stand out really well with the black on black, it fits well, and it shipped fast. It even came in with the hanger, and protective plastic bag, like it's straight from the dry cleaners. Stupid-stuck up women will think you're rich with this suit, and you should have no problem getting them in the sack. - Valentino Made In Italy Suit - Valentino Made In Italy - 3 Pc Suit - Suit'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Great Value - suit, 3 pc suit suit Great Value - suit, 3 pc suit