Friday 5 September 2008

Charger - apple charger, mac


I purchased the Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter (L type) for MacBook from Westronics, fulfilled by Amazon. The item description states that this is a genuine Apple product and that it is a brand new unit. The adapter I received was not new. There were scratches on the surface and one large gash on the side. The unit looks refurbished. Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter for MacBook and 13-inch MacBook Pro (Bulk Packaging)

The product did not appear to be new and it was not in the original package. After opening the package, I realized that the charger was missing the connection to plug into the wall. I was able to return this item for a full refund without an issue.

My device: 2006 White Macbook Laptop



At first I was hesitant to purchase a new power adapter from a non-Apple retailer because of all the fakes, but i'm fortunate to report that this one doesn't appear to be fake.



The adapter has the Apple logo and looks legit. However, the cable texture feels a bit grainy compared to my old charger... so maybe Apple redesigned the cable, I am unsure.



Anyway, the most important attribute is whether the charger works as advertised! I can report that the charger has been properly working the past week. The status light on the plugs work (Orange = charging, Green = Fully charged), and the laptop has not exploded or anything =)



When comparing this new plug to the old plug, this plug sports a new side design that aims to prevent the wire to bend and break from extended use (Something my old charger did). However, one thing I kind of dislike is how much easier it is to accidentally pull the plug from the laptop compared to the old one. The magnetism is weaker and a slight tug of the wire will unplug the charger completely from the laptop.



To sum up:



This charger works and is much cheaper ($15 bucks cheaper) than buying from Apple.



I will update this review if any issues arise.

The charger seems to work decently enough, but the coating on the wires is coming off after a few weeks of very light use.



Also, the extension cord was not included, and it tends to throw sparks when I plug it in. It's probably worth it to pay the extra money for a genuine product...

Terrible, i ordered this charger and it stopped working after a month!!! Do not order anythin from this seller, it is a waste of money, i am so mad!! I also demanded a refund but i havent even received an answer. So dishonest!!!!!

Westronics did not include one of the power cords. Every Apple power adapter comes with 2: the one that has a magnetic tip and an extension cord. The extension cord was not included.



Also the little thing that plugs into the wall appears to be counterfeit. It's definitely not the same quality as the one that came with my laptop.



I would never buy anything from this retailer. If they lie about one thing they'll lie about everything. - Apple Charger - Charger - Apple Computer Accessories - Mac'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Charger - apple charger, mac apple charger Charger - apple charger, mac