Friday 21 October 2011

Ultralife Batteries - 9v battery, battery


I purchased this to replace the battery in my wireless alarm keypad by front door and it worked great.



Sometimes these are hard to find at stores because most sell regular ones but considering the old one it replaced (not same brand but still Lithium) was over 8 years old and it still worked, just almost out of power I say the few extra bucks was worth it.



I hope to see the prices go down a little more as if you add up the cost it prob comes to about the same as if I had to purchase a few of the regular ones to replace but saves the hassle of dealing with or remembering it as often. Energizer LA522SBP 9V Industrial Lithium Battery for Smoke Detectors

I bought eight of these batteries for a specific audio application which requires that the battery be attached via solder to eliminate noise. I discovered the hard way that six of the eight batteries have a plastic case, including the top plate where the terminals are located. Attempting to solder the terminals caused some sort of internal failure/short on the plastic-cased batteries. I looked at the packaging the batteries came in, and there is no easy way to tell which are metal-plate and which are plastic-plate without taking the battery out of the blister pack. I now have six expensive, useless batteries that can't be returned.



Most people who buy this battery will probably use it with a clip-on connector so they won't have an issue, but the battery is sold for "professional audio" applications among other things. If your application is similar to mine, or if the battery will be subjected to a harsh environment, I recommend not buying this one. No matter what, it seems to me that Energizer took a "cheap" approach by making the terminal plate out of plastic. - Duracell - 9v Battery - Battery - Ultralife'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Ultralife Batteries - 9v battery, battery 9v battery Ultralife Batteries - 9v battery, battery