Friday 21 October 2011

Hdmi To Dvi Cable - hdmi to dvi, amazonbasics


Many Windows based notebooks are now equipped with VGA & HDMI ports, but no DVI port. Many external monitors are equipped with VGA & DVI ports, but no HDMI port. While the analog VGA connection works, a digital connection works better. As it happens DVI is simply a subset of the HDMI standard.



This cable works great for making digital connections from a notebook with a HDMI port to an external monitor with a DVI port. AmazonBasics HDMI to DVI Adapter Cable (9.8 Feet / 3.0 Meters)

I use to connect my PC to the TV and the length is excellent, the field is strong, however, should suggest buying "Belkin Audio Y Cable Splitter 1-Mini Plug/2-RCA Plugs (6ft)" with this, because DVI does not transmit sound only video, but in general is just what the doctor recommended me

I use this cord to attach a Blu Ray player to my 6 year old Toshiba projection TV (720p) which does not have HDMI ports. The picture is very good and the length of the cord allows me to run it through the top of the etertainment center, down the back, and then into the TV.



Pricing these from other big box stores found this to be about 1/3 of the price. Those store will tell you that their product is better, lasts longer, not as much heat, blah, blah. Well...

1) I see no difference in picture quality between this and more expensive brand names.

2) Heat? Off an HDMI>DVI cable. Ummmm, I have no idea what the Best Buy guy was talking about.

3) I can buy this one 3 times and still spend less money.



This is the best bet all around

Purchased this cable to connect a PC (DVI out) to a 1080p flat panel (HDMI in) to use the flat panel as a monitor and to watch movies from the PC (including Blu Ray). No complaint with the image quality at all, but keep in mind that this kind of setup requires separate cable(s) for sound. This cable meets/exceeds the requirements for my setup, so I recommend this cable without reservation. Don't let the low price concern you, as the quality is just fine. Seems like a major waste of money to buy a big brand name cable that would do the same thing at SEVERAL times the price. I have purchased a few of those high-end, high-price cables previously and they are very good, but I can't discern a difference in the image quality.

Very good cable at a reasonable price, the electronics places around here want about 30 bucks for a cable, under 8 bucks is a great deal. Im happy to see Amazon offer a house brand cable that is very well made and well priced.

I connect my desktop to my Samsung PX2370 with this cable. I run at 1920x1080 without any noticible problems, even while gaming on the monitor's "fastest response" setting.



It's just a cable, but I give 5 stars b/c of the price combined with the fact that it works.



Here is sort of a nit-pick though:

I'm not what you'd call a full-on, eco-hippie-conservationist-tree-hugger; I have those tendencies, but I think I'm practical about it. But, I gotta say, IMHO, this item was WAY, WAY, WAY over-packaged. Both Amazon cables I ordered at the same time (another was a straight 6' HDMI cable) came in separate, very beefy 9"x8"x2" carboard boxes INSIDE a bigger cardboard box.



Seriously? For 2 cables? With all the customers Amazon has, I can't imagine the level of paper waste this creates.



Just sayin' ;)

I have a Sony Bravia HDTV that has a "vivid" option that makes the picture crisp and vibrant for various input sources. However, this feature is disabled when the input is DVI(PC)to VGA(TV). So, if you are in the same boat this cable will fix this issue. Also, if you have VGA instead of DVI output on your PC, there's another cable just like this one that has "VGA to HDMI" on Amazon. Hope this helps someone.

My TV has a problem interfacing with my Xbox360 through the HDMI port and I have been unable to figure out any kind of solution. My tech support experience made me decide to consider other options, like the fact the TV also has a DVI input. I bought this with the understanding that the DVI input = HDMI - without the sound. I figured that even if the cable didn't work (or my TV was still uncooperative) that the cable is reasonably priced and I'd still be able to use it with my LCD monitor. The picture quality is great and, though its hard to tell, I think I might notice a slight improvement with this setup relative to the component cables, but it's hard to say for sure. I also used this cable to hook up the 360 to a computer monitor with similar results.



I see that others have mentioned this issue, but it bears repeating. There is no optical output on the actual Xbox360 and with the HDMI cable plugged in you won't be able to fit the component cable into the Xbox360's AV output slot which is positioned adjacent to the HDMI output. I bought an elite model and it came with a slimmer audio only output connector (has red/white output and the optical port) that will attach with the HDMI cable plugged in.



RCA Audio Cable Adaptor for Microsoft xBox 360 - Cable - Dvi To Hdmi Cable - Hdmi To Dvi - Amazonbasics'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Hdmi To Dvi Cable - hdmi to dvi, amazonbasics cable Hdmi To Dvi Cable - hdmi to dvi, amazonbasics