Monday 17 October 2011

Home Studio - microphone stand, home studio


Product arrived on time within the time window seller provided. The reason I chose this stand over others is because of its weight. I wanted a bass mic stand that would not topple over with a heavier mic attached to its end. Product was in excellent shape, looks great and is pretty well constructed! The reason I say pretty well is that the piece that connects boom to stand is made of some type of plastic not steel like rest of stand... whatever.. Still works great and is very sturdy. Thank you! Samson MB1 - Microphone stand - steel

I have looked at and used different styles of bass drum microphone stands and like this one the best. A friend of mine let me use his for awhile and I liked it so much I got one for myself. This one adapts to many situations. I like it.

I just purchased the mic stand for my desk at home. It does the job well. If you're looking to do some desktop podcasting or internet radio, then, it's perfect. Many adjustments to get just the right position. It's definitely not a performance mic, as it does feel a bit filmsy, but, you won't notice the flimsiness except for when you're adjusting it. Adjusting it is a tad tedious, but, you can get a really good position with the microphone after a couple minutes.



I've mounted my Samson Q1U Dynamic Cardioid USB microphone to it. It works well for sure. Then, I attached the standard pop filter, and the microphone started tipping it over. Make sure the boom is aligned with a leg extension, or it will tip over if there's too much weight. Just find something semi heavy and find a way to attached it to the existing counter-weight, and it will be excellent. So this mic won't play nice with your large condensers + pop filters + shockmount at the start, but, just find a good counter weight and all will be well.



It looks great, and will definitely be easy on the eyes in any room. It was a good investment, and all in all, you definitely get what you pay for. If you're hesitant on attaching a lot of stuff to it, then, I would recommend shelling out a couple more dollars for a sturdier stand.



But atleast for me, it does the job, and does it well.

I purchased this mic stand a few years ago, best stand I have ever used and unless Samson has changed their manufacturing methods I would recommend this stand to anyone. I play in a local cover band, 2 to 3 weekends a month and this thing takes the abuse every time!!!FIVE STARS!!!

good microphone stand with a nice heavy base however the tube which screws into the base snaps off very easily. This left me with the threaded part still in the base and a useless aluminum rod and boom. If you are very careful with it, the mic will do ok, but it is not a field mic set up.

.. can't take the product seriously if they don't specify the boom thread size. Is this standard 5/8"-27 thread, or the all too common and annoying 3/8"-16 thread? Sure, there are adapters to be had, but I prefer to keep all my stands directly compatible with all my mics (the included clip is likely to work with a select subset of cheap dynamic stage mics; most mics come with their own clips, particularly important with large diaphragm condensers, ribbon or large dynamics as you might actually use with this stand for a bass drum or guitar cabinet, and the small pencil condensers used for drum overheads).



2/27/2011 update:



I bought a couple of these anyway. And they're really nice stands. The standard thread IS 5/8"-27, so it'll fit any mic clip for mics you might actually use on a bass drum or speaker. The clip itself is kind of a throw-away... it fit a very cheap "Radio Shack by Shure" mic I had (found a couple at yard sale some years back), but not much good for regular dynamics, much less something like a D115 or D6. But the stand itself is better than I expected -- nicely weighted, well made for the price, and both telescoping sections lock in place fine when you want them to. Like most better boom stands, the stand to boom thread is also 5/8"-27 thread, so you can remove the boom and use this as a shorter straight-up stand, if you like.

This is no doubt the best small stand sold out there for under $100 and it cost no where near that! Very heavy tripod base so it's easier to position close in than round base models and it didn't tip even with a heavy mic fully extended. Impressed by the Samson quality. We have several used on our kick drum, snare drum, and guitar cab mics for live gigs. There are also several in my studio under constant use. Love this product!!! - Home Recording - Mic - Microphone Stand - Home Studio'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information