Monday 17 October 2011

hand weights - hand weights


Having just started a strength-training program, I was looking for a set of adjustable weights so that I would eventually be able to increase my intensity. I found these weights and thought they would be perfect, and they are, although they aren't really 1-16 lbs. It's more like 1-7 lbs in odd increments. Each base (the part you hold) is 1 lb, with each weight also being 1 lb. You can add 0, 2, 4, or 6 weights to each base. The carrying case is great, allowing you to store everything neatly. Overall I am very happy with this product, although I do believe the name is highly misleading. The FIRM Cardio Weight Set (Adjustable weights from 1-16lbs)

I bought the whole system a couple of years ago. I tried the videos, not really my thing, but didn't have a choice at the time to just buy the weight system. The weights are worth the price because it's like buying dumbbell sets from 1 lb. up to 7 lb.s by easily adding or removing the 1 lb. circles. I use the weights when I walk to give my arms a workout. The carry case will also hold the (4)1.5 lb weights that are sold as a separate item, allowing you to build two 10 lb. dumbbells, and can slide into the trunk of your car or corner of your closet. If you are creative, you can even combine them to create a longer "bar" for curls. The extra hand grips are nice, too, because you can have two sets at different weights, or an extra set for a friend. The only drawback is there is only one set of support straps to go over the grips.

I got this set because of its very reasonable price. I like the case and the fact that one can add weights. What I really wanted were heavy-hand weights but they were much pricier. The good thing about these is the adjustability and the case. What I didn't like was how thing the foam is around the handles. Heavy-hands foam is thicker and so easier on the hands. But all-in-all it's a good set for light weights to add to a cardio workout.

While I have heavier weights, I wanted something that didn't take up a lot of room and that I could use while working out to dvds. This filled the bill. I don't know how well the hinges on the case will hold up in the long run but the weights themselves are perfect.

I love the weights, the adjustable ends are great for wanting to get back into weights slowly, arrived earlier than expected, the only con I have is the condition of the box they are stored in-all smashed up on the inside and the flap to close it was broken off-very disappointed considering how much I loved the product inside

Nice versatile weight set. The weights go together easy, and the case makes storing it very convenient. Sometimes I even take just the 1 pound handles on a jog with me. I am not a fan of the straps, but otherwise a nice little weight set.

The description was misleading, there is no way to build up to a 16 lb weight and you can only add a certain set of weights to a handle (you can't even add all the weights to one handle). The product itself looked horrible and used. There were scratches and smudges on the weights, and one of the handles was dirty/dented. The carrying case was scuffed and dented. This product was a waste of money and a disappointment. I will be trying to return this. I would recommend purchasing a new weight set in person so you can see what you're getting.

The product arrived earlier than I thought, so was pleasantly surprised.This was overall a good product at a reasonable price, BUT I thought I was getting two sets of hand weights which would allow me to easily use all four weights at a time. Instead you only have enough additional weights to add weights to one set of hand weights. I wanted to be able to do an exercise video where I could move quickly from one set of weights to the next easily. Instead, I would have to pause the video and then take off or add the extra weights. You can only use one set of weights at a time so really doesn't help much to have four weights. Too bad. Instead of being delighted by the early arrival and overall quality of the product, I was disappointed and felt misled because you really only have one set of weights.. - Hand Weights'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


hand weights - hand weights hand weights hand weights - hand weights