Monday 17 October 2011

Electric Pole Saw - pole saw, pole chain saw


This saw has worked out great for my needs. Easy to assemble, just add chain saw oil (doesn't come with it), plug in your outdoor extension cord and go to work. I used it to trim my mesquite tree with some branches over 5 inches in diameter. Good reach ability when fully extended and not to hard to handle even though the balance is not perfect. I'm totally satisfied with the saw. Earthwise PS40008 8-Inch 6 amp Electric Telescopic Pole Saw with 3-Position Head and 10-Foot Reach

I've been bitten many time by cheap tools, but took a chance on this one because of the reviews. Glad I did.



Saw arrived today. Per reviews, instructions are not very good, but assembly was quick and simple. Just study the tiny diagrams and make sure you understand them before starting in. (I bet that the reviewer who said the saw did not cut well installed the chain backwards.)



After assembly, tried saw on some low limbs in a cluster of low decorative trees. It would have been nearly impossible to reach them with a regular saw. The pole saw made it easy. I could reach in from the side and move forward as I cut/removed each target limb. It is a small saw, but handled the small to medium limbs well. Not as fast as a bigger saw, but it's a small electric inexpensive tool. The automatic oiler seemed to work just fine.



I did not cut anything high, but did lift it up. Yes, it takes a lot of strength. Any pole saw does. In the fall, I will use it for higher work and just take whatever time is needed, resting when the old arms give out (I'm 71.)



My first impression of the quality is that it is better than expected. If experience changes that impression, I will update the review.

I use this for Palm trees and this thing is by far the best tool I've ever used for trimming palm trees. This saw cuts through the green palm fawns like butter and it cuts through the hard dead brown ones like no one's business. I assembled the product using the included tools in about 15 mins and was outside cutting my palm trees in no time at all. I have several very tall palm trees in my yard and one was full of dead hanging hard brown frawns. This tool was cutting them off so fast I had to watch out for them falling so fast.



I have no idea how this saw performs on other types of trees but for palm trees it is simply amazing and if you have ever cut palm trees you know how hard it can be to find any decent tools for the task and this saw will cut right up to the tree; no thorny thick stems sticking out anymore.



The gardeners want way too much money for trimming now. This tool cost me less than hiring gardeners for a single trimming session and now I can save money and take no time at all trimming my palm trees.



Seriously, if you have palm trees and want to trim them yourself (providing you feel comfortable climbing up a ladder because palm trees get pretty tall) then you will love this tool.

First of all, Amazon needs to correct the descriptions: this saw dose not have auto chain tension. It is the regular screw adjust type, and the pole is actually fiberglass.



This saw cuts well but it is much more tiring to use than regular chain saw. I still have sore arms waking up next day.



Almost 80% of the weight is on the very front. I am a small guy in mid 40s. Half way extended was tough for me to wield already. Once fully extended, I can hardy tilt it off the ground. The design of the grip is not helping either. The way you have to squeeze the trigger limits your trigger hand position. You cannot "seesaw" the pole up using your another arm as pivot. You have to use it as if shooting a 10ft rifle with a 8lb muzzle, making you left arm (if you are right handed) supporting most of the weight. I can barely hold that position for half a minute. A sword handle would have been much better than pistol grip.



The way I work the saw is to rest the blade on branch I want to cut, then squeeze the trigger. The motor was strong enough to start without hesitation. However, the auto oilier barely feed any oil to the chain. Half an hour of use barely lower the oil in tank a quarter inch. I am exchanging with Amazon to try another same one, not that I like the design but I have no choice: all electric telescopic pole saws are head heavy due to motors in front, and gas is just too much hassle for my occasion use.



Even it is electric, it is not much easier than manual saw for occasion user like me. It is just different kind of effort. For senior or people having weak upper strength, this kind of saws are definitely not for them.

I bought one of these and will probably buy another but the rear armature bearing rides in a plastic seat which will easily brake if you push on it to make it cut or hit a limb with the chain end, You have to let the weight of the saw do the cutting and it seems to me this could be fixed with no extra cost as a thin metal seat or bearing mount is all it would take,The saw is a little on the heavy side but I like the weight and if you don't drain the oil from the oiler tank it will leak unless you store it with the chain end down other than the bearing mount for the price it is very well made and I think if not abused would probably last for years. I would have given it five stars but had to take one away for the plastic mount.

Raymond

This is a very sturdy and well-made product that makes quick work of thick shrub or tree branches. It is also safer for trimming branches off fallen trees because the cutter is well away from your legs and feet. The only drawback is that the working end is heavy and poor leverage makes it seem even more heavy when extended. It will tire out your supporting arm and shoulder very quickly. I believe the maker should have provided a supporting shoulder/back sling for it that could be quickly connected/disconnected from the pole. You will definitely need a helper to support the pole when cutting horizontally. - Earthwise - Pole Saw - Pole Chain Saw - Worthless'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Electric Pole Saw - pole saw, pole chain saw pole chain saw Electric Pole Saw - pole saw, pole chain saw