Thursday 6 October 2011

Flexibility - ankle weights, exercise


These TKO wrist weights can be adjusted at 1/4 lb increments, and they don't scatter little metal granules like the Bell wrist weights that I used to use. You might consider wearing a thick old sock under them at the wrist...[cut out the toe] to prevent chafing... since the terry cloth lining is good, but not at the harder edges.



One other reviewer commented that the weights came flying out when punching. I found that happened also. To avoid that happening I put the bands on my wrists so that the pockets faced in toward my elbows rather than out toward my fists. The weights, when punching, are pushed into the bottom of the slots, rather than toward the velcro flaps holding them into the slots.



I'm still using them in 2010. TKO 205AWP 5lb Pair Wrist/ Ankle weights

sometimes simple is the best. These adjustable weights are easy to increase or decrease. The Velcro that attaches them is very nice, because as compared with another brand I tried, these are better because the velcro just hooks onto itself, there is no loop or anything the strap has to go through in order to secure it in place. For a person recovering from surgery and limited bending right now, the less work to hook the weights in place the better. A very good buy, and less expensive than some of the others out there.

These weights are very easy on and off. Also, adding or subtracting the individual quarter pound weights is very easy. The velcro adjusts to the desired tightness quickly, so my workout doesn't get interrupted. Highly recommend.

Not a bad product design/idea, the metal "weights" are more effective and more reliable than most wrist/ankle weights, But the weights are held in by a piece of Velcro. Which comes undone semi easy. They were tight and moderately comfortable, but the weights would come flying out if I did any thing like shadow boxing or anything else requiring fast jolting movements. Being that they were made by TKO. I figured they could take that kinda treatment as TKO builds boxing/MMA equipment.

Overall: Decent if they are gonna be used for aerobics or something in that category.

If you need ankle or wrist weights these are the ones to buy. You can add and subtract weight easily. The weights fit comfortably and are soft on your skin. The weights don't move around once you have them adjusted correctly.

Very nice because you can quickly and easily adjust the weight. I was using it to create a better workout when I'm using my PlayStation Move games. But, ended up using it in my regular exercise routines as well. The only problem I find is that the velcro covers that hold the individual bars of weight is not very secure. Any fast movements or unsecured velcro creates dangerous flying projectiles. So, yes buy it... but be wary of this problem. - Exercise - Ankle Weights - Flexibility - Physical Therapy'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Flexibility - ankle weights, exercise ankle weights Flexibility - ankle weights, exercise