Tuesday 18 October 2011

Canon L Series Lenses - canon lens cap, canon accessories


As other buyers are indicating, some sellers ship the non-OEM, knock-off version of this cap. Seller "iGet it FAST" (Utley) is one of them. Do not buy from this seller.



To quote another review "The back of the cap says "For" Canon, indicating that it was made by a 3rd party.

The finish isn't quite as good as a true Canon cap. The plastic isn't shiny on the back side, and the chrome Canon logo doesn't have as nice of a chrome plating as my other "real" Canon caps.

Be sure and ask the seller if you're getting a true Canon cap before you trust this product, because you can get these knock-offs on flea bay for about 2 bucks." Canon E 77 U - Lens cap

I paid the premium price to get this cap because I wanted a genuine Canon product, but I received a generic. The back of the cap says "For" Canon, indicating that it was made by a 3rd party. People are saying that this cap is better than the generic brands, but this IS a generic knock-off, albeit a fairly good one.



The finish isn't quite as good as a true Canon cap. The plastic isn't shiny on the back side, and the chrome Canon logo doesn't have as nice of a chrome plating as my other "real" Canon caps.



Be sure and ask the seller if you're getting a true Canon cap before you trust this product, because you can get these knock-offs on flea bay for about 2 bucks.



Update: I received a second knock-off from a different seller, but was offered a replacement with a genuine Canon lens cap and now I'm completely satisfied with this product. Learn from my mistake - if you don't receive the genuine item be sure to complain and send it back (at no cost to you). Kudos to the seller for resolving the mistake quickly.

As another reviewer has stated, the lens cap I received was not OEM. It fits like an OEM, but there are easily identifiable signs that say it isn't. The finish isn't as high quality as a true canon cap, and also the back says for Canon. Nowhere on the packaging does it say Made in Japan like the product pictures show it.

I was unfortunate (i.e. stupid) enough to let my wonderful Canon lens drop out of my backpack onto a very hard surface. The good news is that the original lens cap absorbed the fall and took the damage, instead of my lens. I'm a whole lot happier spending less than $10 on a new lens cover than I am spending over $1,000 on a new lens! This lens cover is made by and for Canon lenses and is a perfect replacement. It fits like it should and functions like the original. - Canon Accessories - Lens Cap - Canon - Canon Lens Cap'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information