Tuesday 18 October 2011

Bad Service - bad service, chainsaw


First day out of the box and about 20 minutes into cutting and it started to sputter and stall, eventually would not run. Next day same thing all over again. Seemed to lack power for it's size as well. My prior experience several years ago with Husqvarna was very positive. Since I purchased this chainsaw I have heard of the identical experience from mulitple sources. My impression is that they are not what they once were. I plan on buying a Stihl. If you do decide to purchase this chainsaw I highly recommendd that you do so from a shop that also does service/repairs. Mine may just need a simple adjustment but I purchased it from a large chain hardware store and it will not be a simple process. Husqvarna 435 16-Inch 40.9cc 2 Stroke Gas Powered Chain Saw (CARB Compliant)

I have a number of good chain saws of various sizes and brands, but the smaller 16" gets the most use for felling even rather large trees and cutting firewood simply because it's lighter and easier to maneuver than the larger saws. After my 39year old Homelite finally wore completely out, I was spooked away from a new one by many not-so-whoopee product reviews of later models. By the same product reviews, I was drawn to the Husqvarna 435 that was generally rated pretty good across the board in all categories. It tried to start on the first pull in choked position, and instantly lit up on the next pull after choke was opened to normal position. After normal warm-up time, it runs and idles perfectly while showing plenty of torque during my past two weeks of using it to drop and cut-up a number of both live and dead/seasoned-out oak trees that were up to 18" in diameter. It quickly cuts through live wood and hardened dead wood like hot butter. Quickly starts either from cold or hot restart and runs/cuts beautifully in any position. Great saw - I couldn't be happier with anything else.

This is my first chainsaw, and I am glad I went with Husqvarna after having such a great experience with one of their weedeaters.



I got the 435 over the 235/40 for the bigger engine with 3 piece crank. I also did not want the toolless chain tensioning, as I saw too many negative comments on it on the web. Not much to go wrong with the simple bolt on the 435. The engine idles and runs like a champ and with very little vibration transmitted to the user. No problems starting cold or hot. Hot simply required one pull with no choke. It has plenty of power to take down the 8-10" limbs that I cut during my first use with it. The factory supplied chain cuts great and i didn't need to adjust it during or after the first use. I am very satisfied with the 435 and look forward to many years of service from it!

This is a fine chain saw, right up to the point where you want to get a new chain. The local Husqvarna dealer doesn't carry Husqvarna chains and doesn't have a cross reference for other brands, such as Stihl. The replacement chains sold in Lowes, where we bought the saw, don't list the model 435 on any of the boxes. The Husqvarna website doesn't list a chain for this model. A phone call to Husqvarna customer support reached a rude rep who's only response was "you must take the saw to a Husqvarna dealer". He wouldn't discuss the subject at all. I sometimes buy replacement chains for other chainsaws online, but can't find a 16" chain for the 435 anywhere. Save yourself a lot of time and trouble by staying away from Husqvarna chainsaws. If you insist on buying one of these, you'll have to take the saw with you when you want a replacement chain so dealers can measure the chain thickness, number of links, etc. so they can sell you another brand.

After doing researches and checking the product in Lowes, I decided to jump in for the saw.



Got this from Baileys. After putting the same brand engine oil mix, the same brand chain saw oil, I hoped it was smooth start comparing my existing electric chain saw. I was wrong completely. The saw is very difficult to start. I gave it almost a hundred times try, strictly following the procedure on the machine and manual, the saw started only four times. Two of them just stopped right away. But once it started, it is powerful though. Finally my arm, my fingers are sore and tired. I had to go back to my electric chain saw to get job done.



I have to return this stupid, stubborn chain saw back to the seller.

I ordered my 16" Husqvvarna 435 after 70 mph straight line winds winds brought down half of a large pin oak in my front yard. One limb that split was 28" in diameter. My order arrived quickly and the 435 performed really well going through limbs up to 15 inches in diameter with no problem at all. The larger split limbs required two cuts. The 435 started easily every time. I did need to keep the fuel and chain oil topped out, but I needed the breaks given the 90+ degree temperature and high humidity. This is a great little chain saw and met my needs. It handles easily. Oh, I saved money buying it through amazon.

so far so good! Starts easy; saws through hard and soft woods like a knife through butter. Granted, it's brand new - I'll update this if anything changes but I couldn't be more impressed with it the 4 or 5 times I've used it. - Bad Service - Husqvarna - Chainsaw'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Bad Service - bad service, chainsaw chainsaw Bad Service - bad service, chainsaw