Saturday 24 September 2011

Iphone Charger - charger, griffin


This item includes a wall plug adapter, a cigarette lighter adapter, and a sync/charging cable that works with various Apple devices (such as the iPad, iPhone, and most iPod models). The advantage to this particular set is that the charging port puts out 2.1 amps, which means that it is designed to charge the iPad at the same rate as the adapter that is packaged with the iPad. Some reviewers on Amazon and elsewhere have reported that it actually charges the iPad slightly faster than the original adapter, and I confirmed with my Kill-a-Watt that the Griffin actually draws about 10% more power from the wall than the stock adapter (see details below). I do not have the tools to accurately check the current draw from the cigarette adapter, but I wouldn't be surprised if it also charges an iPad more quickly.



STOCK iPad ADAPTER:

When first plugged in: 11W

After a few seconds: 10W

Above 80% charge: 9W



GRIFFIN POWERBLOCK WALL CHARGER:

When first plugged in: 12W

After a few seconds: 11W

Above 80% charge: 10W



The cable packaged with the Griffin chargers works not only as a charging cable, but as a sync cable as well; i.e. you can use it to connect your Apple device and your computer to sync data between them. If you have an iPad, it WILL charge as well--although the iPad screen will probably say "Not charging" and the charge rate will be much slower (.5A from most USB ports, compared to 2.1A from the wall or cigarette lighter).



The Griffin chargers are light but seem well built. The wall charger, although longer than the stock iPad charger, is only slightly thicker but not as wide (see my customer image), and it also has a folding plug. So it has a nice form factor that is just as convenient for travel as the original adapter.



This set is also available at the Apple store, so obviously Apple endorses this set of Griffin chargers for their own products. However, it is considerably cheaper here on Amazon. Griffin Technology PowerDuo 2 amp Power Charger for iPad, iPhone and iPod (Black)

I have tried several of the USB wall chargers and none have been able to charge my Kindle 2. This one has charged everything I have tried it with. I really like the folding prongs on the wall charger, makes it easier to pack. I also like that this package gives you the ability to charge both in your hotel and in your car, all with the same USB cables.



I travel with a Kindle 2, a Blackberry, and a Ipod Touch. It works with them all. Additionally, one of my friends has the Ipad and I confirmed it does charge the Ipad in a reasonable time frame.



The light is not annoyingly bright like some other USB chargers, but easy to see.



My only wish is that the wall charger had multiple USB ports, but not dividing the current may be why it charges the Kindle.

Finding a decent charger for Apple's newest products is not as simple as you think. All of the products above require newer more powerful chargers and most older ones will not work at all. In addition, the cheap newer copies are hit or miss and you really can mess up your i-product. This Griffin charger works great and charges quickly with no annoying messages popping up on your device. The company is very respectable. The conversion from wall to car is handy for traveling and the cord is long but not too long. . Highly recommended.

I've gone through about half a dozen chargers for my various iDevices, and this one is the best by far.



* Charges very quickly compared to other chargers

* Works consistently with iPad and iPhone (no compatibility errors)

* Solid quality materials (superior to Apple's which I found to be quite prone to having a frayed/separated connector)



I will never again buy a cheapo charger. The quality in this one is well worth it. Highly recommended.

The product works well in the United States. The transformer specs state 100V to 220V input range. However, when it was used in Japan, where the power outlet voltage is 100V, it discharged my 4th generation iPod Touch. Fortunately, my friend had a charger made by apple; it was able to charge my iPod Touch in Japan.

Just got the product, Griffin Technology PowerDuo 2 amp Power Charge. I bought it based on the specification which states that

(1) it accepts 110-240 volt AC input:

(2) DC output is 5v 2.1A.

(3) cable length is 3.5'

The former enables me to use it in other countries such as japan, korea, and european countries. The second spec ensures that ipad, ipod touch, iphone will be charged with no problem and fast -- 2.1A is enough. The cable length is long enough as well, over 3' (3.5').



I did not test every aspect of the product yet. But, considering the price, it is good enough, if it works well according to its spec. I am happy with the product. - Griffin - Chargers - Ipad - Charger'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


chargers Iphone Charger - charger, griffin