Saturday 24 September 2011

Epson Workforce 610 - fax, multifunction printer


Just bought this today and set it up. Unfortunately didn't have time to take advantage of the great Amazon Price as I needed a work replacement ASAP. I want to let everyone know that this comes with a complete set of XL print Cartridges; which can be as much as $80, for the set; B&W and Color; so it's a no brainer good buy. Haven't had time to evaluiate color printing; but the set up yeah, takes time, but everything works perfectly when done. The fax is super easy and efficient. Quality wise, yeah! there are better items; but you have to start to move into the $300.00 range! The Salesman at Office Depot, told me he had the 600 model; and never had a problem! Testimonials folks, that why we come to Amazon. Epson WorkForce 630 Color Inkjet All-in-One (C11CB07201)

I've read a few reviews here, and let me say, if you're looking for super high quality printing, you need to look for a photo printer...not an all-in-one. If you are looking to make fancy brochures on high gloss, you will probably be disappointed...however, I think most realize it's cheaper to pay someone else to print such items.



Packaging:

Epson really packed this unit up nicely. It wasn't over the top, but they made sure moving parts (like the paper tray, scanner and top all had stickers keeping them in place (stong, but very easy to remove).



Installation:

I wasn't able to do it in one sitting due to surrounding circumstances (i.e. my children). In all, with unpacking, set up, and software installation, it took me about an hour. This includes the time it took waiting for the software to install on my desktop which is not the fastest.



I did not set this up wirelessly, so I cannot speak to that. I have it hooked up via USB.



Overview:

I purchased my WorkForce 630 from Office Max online for $80 with free shipping (best deal all around right now).



This all-in-one is slick. It is quiet, easy to set up, intuitive, and is of good quality considering it does not cost $300+.



I have used the scanner a number of times. First I scanned one page by placing it on directly over the scanner. It converted the image into pdf and went straight to "My Pictures". BTW, the graphical display and menu is fantastic. You can select how you want the image scanned right there without fumbling around with software loaded on your compy. I didn't like that default destination folder, and to my delight it was very simple to assign a new destination. The image quality of the scans is very good. After scanning 1 page, I then used the auto-feeder and scanned 3 documents. It worked *great*. Getting an effective auto-feeder can be difficult to find. Of course, I haven't tried 10 pages, that would be a better test.



Printing quality is very good. Will you want to print photos? Maybe not...then again, I never use a home printer for that. I prefer using a photo center. Will you be able to print high quality documents with bar graphs and more? Yes, and it will do it quite well. Nothing sub-par at all about it.



My impression is that this is a very high quality all-in-one. I'm pleased I got it for the price I did, but I think even at it's retail price it's a better value than other all-in-ones.



Highly recommend.

Awesome all-in-one printer for $80. I originally went to Staples to purchase the Epson WorkForce840 all in one printer for my home office. But when I saw this one for $80 ($70 off), with the basically the same features as the $180 WorkForce 840, I figured why not give the 630 a try. So far it is great. I've done printing, sanning, and faxing with no problems. The software is fine; I saw others complained the software being too basic, but not sure what they expect a printer to do? Work for them, make pizza?



In my opinion as a frugal shopper, The Epsone WorkForce 630 is a great buy for $80. Nothing on the market can beat this one for that price.

I purchased this from Sams Club for less than $100. For all the features it has it should cost at least twice that. I have been nothing but impressed with this printer. Unpacking the printer, taking off all tape, plugging it in, waiting 5 min for the initializing, and plugging in wireless settings on the printer itself took 15-20 min. Setting it up on the 4 computers in the house was quick and easy and no software was needed to find the drivers. For those that mentioned problems with the software I would recommend downloading just the printer driver off of Epson's website instead of installing the software from the CD. The biggest thing I like about this printer is the only cord that is plugged in is the power cord. This cuts down on the clutter of cables that generally accompanies any piece of electronic equipment.



FEATURES

This printer is very fast with scanning or printing. When plugging in a memory card to the printer it automatically says how many pictures are available on the card and asks if you would like to print them.



SCANNING

I like that I can either scan to a memory card on the printer or scan to a computer from the Automatic Document Feeder, scan 30 pages, walk away, come back, and it's done. Working in insurance this is a huge advantage from before where I had to manually scan each page. It also scans it to PDF for easy emailing or saving on my computer. I've found another advantage is I can now go paperless with receipts and bills. It's easy to keep track of receipts for warranty purposes and they don't take up room in a file drawer like they used to.



PRINTING

Printing is quick and easy. With wireless I can print from anywhere in the house. I don't do a lot of photo printing so I can't comment. I've printed a couple reports in color and they look comparable to my laser printer.



Overall this is a great printer. When you add in the features you get for the price you pay it's unbelievable. Based on other reviews it sounds like it's better to set this printer up without using the software and save on headaches down the road. - Multifunction Printer - All-in-one - Wireless Printer - Fax'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


all-in-one Epson Workforce 610 - fax, multifunction printer